Fly Fusion Forums

Leaders

I know that many of you out there use Maxima for leaders--and I do too.

But I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the product that Maxima labels as leader and sells in 27 yard spools vs the 220 yard "x" test spools that they sell. I find that I go through those little leader spools quite quickly when I am fishing 3 fly nymph rigs all the time and would like to know if I can cheap out this way.

Thanks in advance for all replies and Merry Christmas!

I know that many of you out there use Maxima for leaders--and I do too.

But I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the product that Maxima labels as leader and sells in 27 yard spools vs the 220 yard "x" test spools that they sell. I find that I go through those little leader spools quite quickly when I am fishing 3 fly nymph rigs all the time and would like to know if I can cheap out this way.

Thanks in advance for all replies and Merry Christmas!

Been using Maxima for a LONG time, both for my Mono and flouro needs .. no difference in the small/large spools .. If anybody here knows of a difference .. I'd like to hear it .. cause I think it's like ABC detergent .. price is the difference ..