Fly Fusion Forums

Pyramid Lake - Nv

Guest bigbadbrent

Has anyone fished this..thinking about a road trip for my reading break to go fish for Lahontan's

Hi bbb

I have fished there once about 10 years ago in May. It is a very big lake that is known to be windy at times. Like LoneFisher said the locals who fish this lake often fish from a step ladder. There are some big Lahonta Cutties in there. I did manage to catch one but it was only about 16 inches. I went into the local store there at the lake and looked at the board with all the pictures and it was mighty impressive. If I recall correctly it seemed common to catch 4# with fish getting up to the 10# range. It seems the fly in most of the pictures was just the basic wooly worm or wooly bugger pattern. If you are planning a trip I would also look at fishing the Truckee River which goes right through Reno. I also fished Davis lake which was good, the only down side is you need a few liscences as Davis lake was in Cali!! One other thing I enjoyed was going to Reno\Sparks to the area where all the little micro breweries where and sampling the local beer. I would definatley go there again

I hope this helps,

Guito

Guest bigbadbrent

ya same max, finally have the vehicle to do it (honda civic gas saver for the win!)

Really tough to schedule anything when im in school, never know what kinda homework they're gonna hit us with

Guest bigbadbrent

Sadly, my reading break also correlates with Presidents Day, so it'd be a tad busy...

19ish hour drive, so 1 day each way there, could either leave on the friday or the saturday (15th or 16th) and get there a day later if we switched drivers (long freaking drive, wowza)....