Fly Fusion Forums

How Not To Release A Fish

I can gaurentee that brown i took a pic of where he is on mud, is going to do a LOT better then that bully....why? First, he was kept in the water until my camera was booted up and ready to go, and its MUD, not cheese grater rocks (which is EXACTLY what they are, max is 100% right. I've fallen on those and cut myself really really badly..) . AND its flopping its head around on the rocks...

Wasn't really directed at yer pic man. Your fish is mostly in the water. It's these shots of fish NOT in a net, against dry leaves, rocks, ice, whatever....

Um, the video wasnt made by "toolman"... incase your confused here. A few of us that know toolman kinda ribbed him, and that's not where this thread was intended to go. Apologies. Back on topic.

I agree on the use of a large net as Max suggests. Or keep 'em in the water. Beaching is OK if the beaching is done in a foot of water. I think we tend to get a bit too crazy on the handling of fish. If you guys are going to *hit on this guy for his landing of that fish, then please get on the people who continually post photo's in the photo's section, of fish laying on the rocks / in the mud / on leaves / on ice. Don't just get on one guy that posted a video. there's enough blatant misrespect of the fish *AMONG US ON THIS FORUM* to be worried about.... sadly..... :(

Thanks Brian for bringing up this point. I wanted to but I think it would have been inappropriate for me to do so because of my postion here. These fish that are on the bank are having some of there protective mucus removed from them which can be very harmful to the fish. So please don't post these type of photos anymore because in a sense you can be deemed as no better than the guy in the video.

Guest bigbadbrent

i know it wasnt directed at me, even though it definitly could be (i hate not having someone else to take pics with me, cause i want a pic of a fish like that.

*hit like that really bugs me, i can't stand seeing bulltrout being mistreated