Fly Fusion Forums

Parks Passes - Some Clarification

Just some FYI related to another post - to clarify I am not speaking on behalf of the crown, this is just me relaying information that is correct to the best of my knowledge for the benefit of this community as a member of FFC.

National Park Passes are non transferable. The buying, selling or renting of National Park Passes is prohibited doing so could result in a charge of fraud and/or other charges against the participants in such a transaction or activity. An item being forsale on kijiji or ebay does not imply an item is legal to buy or sell.

I will not answer questions regarding what is, and what is not enforced, or how or when that enforcement is performed. As far as I know we do not pick and choose which rules, regs and laws we follow in this community.

Discovery cards (one visit per site) are for employee use only and proof of that employees status will need to be provided when the card is used. There could be legal repurcussions for both parties if these are illegally transfered.

I would agree that prohibiting the transfer of National Park Passes on FFC is an appropriate policy for legal, moral and ethical reasons.

A corporate National Parks Pass is an appropriate purchase for a situation such as an office group that wishes to share access.

Parks Canada and the Gov't of Canada has a great number of limitations on the use of captured images. For example if you are inadvertantly captured on a wildlife monitoring camera, upon discovery of that image and a determination that it is irrelevant to the research being conducted, that image must be deleted within a specified time limit.

Contact Parks Canada directly if you want more information or clarification on any of these issues.

• Like 5