Fly Fusion Forums

Premier Lake Fly

Gomphus

I saw this fly tied on an episode earlier this year, it looked like a good one.

Anyone have a recipe for it?

I know it had deer/elk hair and chenille body.

If i'm not mistaken it was part of the show where they were landing monsters in the cypress hills.

Cheers,

Gomphus.

Guest tallieho
I saw this fly tied on an episode earlier this year, it looked like a good one.

Anyone have a recipe for it?

I know it had deer/elk hair and chenille body.

If i'm not mistaken it was part of the show where they were landing monsters in the cypress hills.

Cheers,

Gomphus.

I usally tape all of there episodes & the only mention of a premier lake fly ,is a tie that brent schlenker tied.it was called brent's premier.the recipe goes like this.size 8 1x nymph dress the fly shank with thread he used brown,he used peacock hrel for the body ,but talked about using emerald colored peacock chennille.tie on at rear of hook advance in close touching winds to the eye select some moose body hair prepare ,so after cleaning out the underfur that when its tied in with the tips facing forward over the eye.tie in a brown saddle hackle behind the moose .wind[palmer hackle ]to the rear tie off.fold over the moose on top [shell back]to the rear tie off whip finish.clip the hackle on a 30-45 decree down from back.stops the fly from swimming upside down ,straight and tru over top of the weeds [moose body hair is neutral boyant].hopes this helps if not it's on brent's top ten lake flies & i thinkyou can rent it at fish tales tight lines

There is actually a video out which goes through 10 of Brent's lake flies called "Fly Fishing Still Waters - Brent's Top 10 Lake Flies" it's pretty good. I would really suggest it if your looking for some good lake flies to compliment your bevy of Chan/Rowley/Honey/etc. flies. I think this is also pretty important if your hitting BC still water. The common flies which Brian and Phil are detailing work awesome (IMO) but they do get *allot* of exposure.

-al