Fly Fusion Forums

Redington Classic Trout 2Wt

Villageidiot

Anyone fish this stick? I noticed the 5wt and 6wt have some very good reviews. Curious how the 2wt stacks up. Thinking it would be a fun cutthroat stick and central ab brown trout dry fly rod.

I have this rod and like it quite a bit. Price wise, it is an amazing entry level trout dry fly rod. I use it on Alberta mountain streams (on no wind days) and for late season dry fly on the Bow. I actually sold some of my higher end rods as I liked fishing the CT.

Dean

I have this rod and like it quite a bit. Price wise, it is an amazing entry level trout dry fly rod. I use it on Alberta mountain streams (on no wind says) and for late season dry fly on the Bow. I actually sold some of my higher end rods as I liked fishing the CT. Dean

That was quick. Well i pulled the trigger. I was thinking late season BWO/Tricos on the bow too. Just thought to leave that out as some people are pretty quick to jump on using a 2wt on those "monster" trout.