Fly Fusion Forums

Orvis Fly Fishing Guide Podcast - Tom Interviews His Mentor, The Legendary Lewis Coleman

Orvis

This is a special time of year for me as it is the start of trout season in my hometown. I treat today like a religious holiday. it seems appropriate then that I should interview my mentor, and someone who many view as a fly-fishing god, Lewis Coleman. Lewis has taught some of the best in the world his techniques and he will share some of those with us today. 

There is no fly-box section in this show as I wanted to give Lewis as much time as we could to go over his insight into spey casting, how he is pushing the limits in Tenkara and all about how he runs his lodges all around the world. We are lucky to have him on the show.

U5zUTl1dkyU

Click to view the original Orvis Fly Fishing Guide Podcast article.

Is this Coleman guy for real?Seriously??Apparantly he is Lee Wulff/Ernest Hemingway/Ed Ward/Lefty Kreh,Ted Williams,and Jesus Christ himself all rolled into one?I can't tell for certain if this is a comedy show or if he really does think so highly of himself?

Anyway,worth a listen for a laff?

Fwiw,don't get me wrong,I don't think for a second Ted Williams was all that,to the contrary,I can't stand the guy,and this Coleman clown sounds just like him.

My apologies to Wulff,Ward,Kreh and Christ for mentioning Williams in the same sentence.

Funniest podcast in a long time. Happy April Fools. Complete and utter satire on the entire fly fishing industry - anyone in the industry could laugh at themselves in this one.

Hey, Tom even gave a bastardized shout out to my tip sag. :)

"I don’t know that you learned anything Tom".
Stand Up Paddle Board with a Tenkara rod for tarpon. (stop and think about that one for a second)
"You actually converse in Swahili while rowing the Coleman Skoot! To see you rowing and fishing two rods at once and speaking in Swahili"
Casting for a Mid Life Cure!

Brilliant.