Fly Fusion Forums

Redington Link?

I'm just curious if anyone has tried the Redington Link as I have only been able to find a few reviews on it. I am looking at getting a 5wt and I realize that this is the high end of Redington price wise and equivalant to some mid-priced Sage rods, so just curious if it would be worth while to get it or just go for a sage. Thanks, any advice would be great.

I know this is a little old but I just got a 5wt 9'6" link to replace my CPX. The Link is not as fast but it seems to have more power, this is most likely because my line (SA mastery GPX 5wt) wasn't heavy enough to load the CPX. The distance is incredible, I measured my casts in a football feild and I was getting the line just over 100ft with a very slight wind at my back. I know it sounds impossible for a slower rod to cast further then a fast rod but I think what they did is put a soft tip on a fast rod. This way you don't loose the short range casts (The CPX won't load proper anywhere less than 25 ft). I think redington has definitely made a way better rod then there old CPX as far as preformance goes. The blue on the Link is a little cheesy for me. Ill give more info when I have a chance to get it out on the bow

-Mitchell

Thanks for the reply! I havnt been home from work yet to go try one out but have read a couple decent reviews and am looking to try some different rods outs. I noticed the link at the fly fishing show and was curious what improvements were made compared to the cpx but I need to try casting it. And at the price I feel it could be a good deal. Let me know how your trip to the river goes!

I just got back from the bow and I love the rod. It cast indicators like a dream even into the wind. The hook setting was good, it mends line really well. Its at least 50% better then the CPX in every category I really enjoyed fishing it. Worth the money!