Fly Fusion Forums

Landing Fish With Fast Rods

Weedy1

I have had problems with flouro in the past (and still do)

I think the knots are way more sensitive to breakage.

I will leave it to the pro's here to explain the knots or inadequate spit usage.

If your using flouro try switching back to mono.

cheers

If you're connecting fluoro tippet to a mono leader try using a four wrap surgeon's. I had breakage at the knot all the time when I was only using two wraps but haven't had one since I switched to four. The breakage is probably because the fluoro actually cuts through the mono.

So I bought a new net and gave it a try. The net is 68” at full length with a large enough opening to measure 40” fish, even has a built in scale that is reasonably accurate. The net seemed manageable until I go to land the first fish. I put the net in the water to scoop a fish and realize with the large basket it's like trying to move around a 4*8 sheet of plywood in a tornado. Sure it reaches the fish alright but I can barely lift the damn thing out of the water.

The hell with it, I'm just going to use a baseball bat from now on. My family hates fish but they'll just hve to get used to it! :angry:

guide_net_250h.jpg