Fly Fusion Forums

Rockies And Bulls

SNAPFisher

It has also been awhile since I specifically targeted rockies and bulls. Bull trout sure are one tough customer. And voracious too. Some great highlights from the weekend

And another

McLeod_08_zps84c1c3d0.jpg

Rockies for the smoker

McLeod_12_zps3edaee4f.jpg

McLeod_13_zps07eb7898.jpg

Nice piece of chinook

McLeod_15_zps66b88c6e.jpg

McLeod_17_zpscc5e3014.jpg

Sunday started off with a bang!

Managed a good underwater shot of this mug

McLeod_22_zpsf41e5057.jpg

Next!

McLeod_24_zps4fa0465d.jpg

Cheers!

Nice bulls and rockies. Went fishing for some rockies for the smoker yesterday but I didn't bring my gear to target the bulls which I really should have. Found a pool with a bunch of big rockies and bulls, landed quite a few large rockies all 13-16 inches. I almost lost two of the rockies to bulls that had swallowed the entire fish but finally let go, I'd guess them to be 30+ inches, even had a bull try and take my entire stringer of rockies! Caught a few smaller cutts that I had to land asap as they were getting chewed up by the bulls, hopefully they survive. Those bulls are pretty damn aggressive now. Were some of the rockies you kept full of roe too?

Tried targeting the bulls with the largest nymphs I had but they didn't care about them, guess I need to try and find some 12 inch streamers :lol:

Nice bulls and rockies. Went fishing for some rockies for the smoker yesterday but I didn't bring my gear to target the bulls which I really should have. Found a pool with a bunch of big rockies and bulls, landed quite a few large rockies all 13-16 inches. I almost lost two of the rockies to bulls that had swallowed the entire fish but finally let go, I'd guess them to be 30+ inches, even had a bull try and take my entire stringer of rockies! Caught a few smaller cutts that I had to land asap as they were getting chewed up by the bulls, hopefully they survive. Those bulls are pretty damn aggressive now. Were some of the rockies you kept full of roe too?

Tried targeting the bulls with the largest nymphs I had but they didn't care about them, guess I need to try and find some 12 inch streamers :lol:

Same here! Had a simliar experience. Also had one bull attach another about the same size while I was trying to fight it in. And, for the first time I had 2 bulls chasing the white on my line. They are so agressive right now.

ham, lol, reddest bull I have ever seen :)