Fly Fusion Forums

The First Cast

sl4uf7.jpg

From left: Deepak Obhrai, Member of Parliament for Calgary East, Colton Quinn, Youth Spokesman, from Sarcee Fish & Game Association,

Honourable Diana McQueen, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, Ted Morton, Founding Committee Chair and Emcee,

Lloyd Horn, Past President, Bow Habitat Station Volunteer Society

To kick off free fishing weekend and National Fishing Week, Bow Habitat Station held a grand opening celebration of its newest feature, the Kids Can Catch Trout Pond.

This photo is "The First Cast", officially opening the Kids Can Catch Trout Pond this morning.

The five individuals who participated in "The First Cast" were all speakers during the Grand Opening Celebration.

Check out our 30-photo album, and more information, from this event.

2itmwbn.jpg

Jeff Surtees, CEO, Trout Unlimited Canada

x3s200.jpg

Kids Can Catch Trout Pond is open for business!!

I've been meaning to take my girlfriend's neices there for a while now. There were families fishing there back in mid June when I stumbled upon it while stopping by to show said girlfriend the hatchery.

It's nice place to teach kids about catch and release and get them into fishing in general. Too bad we missed the event.