Fly Fusion Forums

Pontoon Roof Rack

ghus32

Hello Everyone,

I have a honda fit and I am looking for roof rack to mount my pontoon frame. Anyone know what would be the best option to do this?

Thanks

I have a fit as well and my frame fits in my car with the back seats folded down without having to disassemble. I have a yakima rack, but have never tried to get it on the roof. Didn't answer your question, however just wanted to share what I do:)

I experimented with a few systems over the years on various vehicles (Pathfinder, Grand Cherokee & Liberty). The system that worked best for me was a cross-bar rack mounted to the factory bars. I used Thule towers and 64" wide bars. The wide bars could easily accommodate an inflated pontoon boat and made it easy to fasten with ratchet straps. I would often double stack boats as well.

I have always gone to Racks Unlimited for any roof rack purchases. The dudes there are super helpful.

Gillraker

Hello Everyone,

I have a honda fit and I am looking for roof rack to mount my pontoon frame. Anyone know what would be the best option to do this?

Thanks