Fly Fusion Forums

Received An Unexpected Gift While Salmon Fishing

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Was this ever incredible. I should of taken more footage but I was taking it all in with my eyes...lots of photos as well. There must of been over 12 humpbacks and more than 2 fin whales go by us.

Just breath taking.

Guest Grinr

Was this ever incredible. I should of taken more footage but I was taking it all in with my eyes...lots of photos as well. There must of been over 12 humpbacks and more than 2 fin whales go by us.

Just breath taking.

Speaking of breath,their's(whales) sure does stink when they blow if you are "lucky" enough to get so close downwind. :)

They certainly are amazing creatures though,and thankfully extremely docile and tolerant for the most part.

Just breath taking.

Yep, amazing! I think I recognize those swells. Let me guess, North side of Langara, North East a bit of Lacy Island with the lighthouse somewhere behind you?

Guest Sundancefisher
Yep, amazing! I think I recognize those swells. Let me guess, North side of Langara, North East a bit of Lacy Island with the lighthouse somewhere behind you?

Straight off of the lighthouse...directly west. Good guess.

We did get some breath stink....no much though. We had fantastic weather on the trip. If it ever happens again I am skipping the photos and going straight to video.

• 2 weeks later...