Fly Fusion Forums

Colors...

why are there not more color options in fly fishing???

fly rods and fly lines in particular are retchedly limited for colors. why cant i pick the action of the rod, then the color? why does my fast action rod have to b brown, but the med action rod is green??? and fly lines are the same, green for this type, orange for that type, blue for the other type, goofy!

if you compared this to cars, it would b like all the sports car being red, all the trucks being green and all the minivans being blue - what if wanted a blue sports car??? oh wait - i can get a blue sports if i want - so why the heck cant i choose a color for my rod, reel (beyond silver and black) or my fly line???

wouldnt it b nice if you had a choice of blue, green, brown and black in the rod of your choice? or white, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, green and black for the fly line?

hardly life and death, i know, but more choices would b good - especially when buying an 800$ rod and 600$ reel to match, not to mention near 100$ lines...

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

think of the logistics of what your asking, a company like SAGE would be over run but if you go to a custom rod maker than you can do what you want and it will reflect in the wallet.

think of the logistics of what your asking, a company like SAGE would be over run but if you go to a custom rod maker than you can do what you want and it will reflect in the wallet.

thats a good point actually...