Fly Fusion Forums

Go Pro Cameras

Hi I am looking at getting a go pro for filming my fishing. I will probably use it just for fishing maybe some other things. The two that I have narrowed it down to is the Gopro Hero HD and the Hero 960.

Which of these two cameras would you guys think would work better for me.

Thanks and tight lines!

:catch:

save the cash and get the hero2, outdoor edition. I had the first one, and this one makes a serious difference.

So much better then the original.

I got the go pro hd2 couple months back, with fishing in mind and while it's pretty sweet for underwater release footage you need to put a flat lens adapter on it to remove the blurry under water shots. Its great for snowboarding and anything else but photos of fish the fish eye lens effect doesn't do your catch photos any real justice. Just some food for thought before you dive into buying one.

I got the go pro hd2 couple months back, with fishing in mind and while it's pretty sweet for underwater release footage you need to put a flat lens adapter on it to remove the blurry under water shots. Its great for snowboarding and anything else but photos of fish the fish eye lens effect doesn't do your catch photos any real justice. Just some food for thought before you dive into buying one.

Have you purchased the flat lens adapter?? I've been looking around at a few different ones and was looking for some input on which company to go with. I was looking at the "BlurFix" one....heard much about it?

Yep, I bought the blur fix, it's defiantly the quality choice. Ridiculously expensive though! $106 shipped. There are cheaper options and if you don't plan on using it diving you can make your own using a plastic camera hood (search YouTube can't remember the link but it's a guy from new Zealand ). I bought it since it has provisions for the anti moisture pellets which reduces if not all the condensation. Pretty cool that you can screw on 55mm filters, works great on the water with a polarizing lens!