Fly Fusion Forums

Sea Eagle Foldcat

PEISteve

I am considering buying a Sea Eagle Foldcat pontoon, either the 2 or 4 man.

I cant recall seeing one around here. Anyone have any experience and opinions on this boat?

Steve

The pontoon material they use is (1000 denier) it is thinner than the material used on the Fish cat series (1200 denier). Not to say the Fish cat series are not of quality but it is Outcast's alternative to a "honest rated river craft material".

I do not want this to come off sounding ignorant but!

Have you every floated a 2 man?

What are you wanting them to do?

ie: the four man would/could be used by 4 to jig for fish certainly could not have 4 people casting off it even if you were chucking lures. It could be also used on the middle Bow as a scenic cruiser.

If you have not floated on one I would suggest you keep dreaming of owning one but borrow or rent one first.

My friend has this boat and we have used it on lakes on on the river. On lakes it works well and can be outfitted with an electric trolling motor which i would reccomend because it is difficult to row. On the river it works fine but once again it is difficult to row. Standing on this boat is sketchy as well and I would not reccomend it without some kind of knee lock.