Fly Fusion Forums

Fallen Timber & Red Deer River

Guest Rocknbugs

Guest Rocknbugs

Went out to the camp site at Tall Timber on Thursday, set up and went straight to Fallen Timber Creek worked a few pools to with know luck on the way back to the truck I tried one of the pools again, tried everything & then said piss on it through on the old trusty Bow River Bugger BANG first cast 14" brown, shortly after that I saw a fish rise so tied on a Dry, nothing, walked to the bottom of the pool throught the BRB again and BANG first cast another brown a little bigger than the last. Called it a night and went back to the camper. Next day met up Hatman and we each landed a couple of whiteys out of the Red Deer, mind you the river has been blown out by rain again. Hit the Red Deer for a couple of hours again the next evening and landed a white then moved up stream a bit to work a fast corner and managed a little about 12" brown. So I was stoked I fanally caught some fish up there..

Hatman thx again man you finding my rod and giving it back was so cool man thanks alot. I was picking up good sticks for my daughter to burn in the camp fire and managed to leave my Sage behind, HATMAN is a life saver, what kind of beer do you drink? I will make sure to have a bunch in the fridge for you next weekend. Im heading up Friday morning and will be there by 10:00 A.M.

Guest Rocknbugs
i heard the timber was fishing ridiclously yesterday on boatmen

I talked to a guy who fished it with a buddy yesterday for 6/7 hours and caught 1 brown. They said they through evrything at them.

Went out to the camp site at Tall Timber on Thursday, set up and went straight to Fallen Timber Creek worked a few pools to with know luck on the way back to the truck I tried one of the pools again, tried everything & then said piss on it through on the old trusty Bow River Bugger BANG first cast 14" brown, shortly after that I saw a fish rise so tied on a Dry, nothing, walked to the bottom of the pool throught the BRB again and BANG first cast another brown a little bigger than the last. Called it a night and went back to the camper. Next day met up Hatman and we each landed a couple of whiteys out of the Red Deer, mind you the river has been blown out by rain again. Hit the Red Deer for a couple of hours again the next evening and landed a white then moved up stream a bit to work a fast corner and managed a little about 12" brown. So I was stoked I fanally caught some fish up there..

Hatman thx again man you finding my rod and giving it back was so cool man thanks alot. I was picking up good sticks for my daughter to burn in the camp fire and managed to leave my Sage behind, HATMAN is a life saver, what kind of beer do you drink? I will make sure to have a bunch in the fridge for you next weekend. Im heading up Friday morning and will be there by 10:00 A.M.

Rocknbugs: I'll be up later Friday evening at 8 pm or so. As long as the brew is wet and cold all is well. Let's hope we don't get that snow on Wednesday that their talking about or the rivers will get blown out again. See you on the weekend.