Fly Fusion Forums

Red Deer And The Bow

SNAPFisher

The wife had a conference this past Mon/Tue in Red Deer so I tagged along for the fishing. Red Deer is scary high and filthy. No luck for a few hours of fishing on Monday but the beer afterwards made it all better.

Decided to try the Bow today. Fished at policemans flat. Very high water conditions but found a good back eddy. First cast with a streamer got me this:

21.5 inch. My biggest brown to date.

Bow_162.jpg

Just after I released the fish two deer spashed in the shallows about 100 feet from me. Don't think they saw me. Then I saw a couple of gold finches and then a wilsons warbler landed pretty close to me and started singing. Seems like things were lining up and turning sweet.... I got my butt kicked for the next 2 hours and left with just the one. No complaints :rolleyes:

BTW, fish were hitting the surface pretty good in the afternoon. Got to see some browns chasing in the shallows too, probably minnows. Tried various dries with no luck.

Cheers!