Fly Fusion Forums

Waterproof Breathable Jacket For Less Than $150?

I'd actually rather have just a goretex shell than something with insulation. That way I can wear it on a rainy summer day without overheating or in the winter with wool, fleece, whatever layers underneath.

This is more of what I am looking for. The big bulky stuff can be quite annoying and I have lots of layers for the cold.

Eddie Bauer has a line called First Ascent that seems to be reasonably good stuff for a reasonably good price. They have a $20 off sale right now on all their rain jackets, and also have a few of last year's models in the clearance section of their site. I've never tried any of their stuff, but the specs are decent for the price. The BC-200 jacket has good specs at $179.

If you are a Costco shopper this is about the time of year that they get thier Viking rain suits (jacket & pant). I dont have one, but I know a few guys that do and they seem to like them. I think that are about $80.

Andrew

I have the costco rain suit. Its not a bad suit for the price. The jacket is fairly waterproof. I have had it in a downpour and after a while it started to get quite moist. But thats what you get for $80. I also find the jacket to be quite warm for the summer. Its lined so it makes a better fall jacket then a spring/summer.

I would suggest MEC as well. I love that store

Everette