Fly Fusion Forums

There Are Little Fish Everywhere This Year....

slingshotz

Even in Iceland!

Found a little beached sea flounder stranded near some weed bed and hopefully saved it in time, it was flopping around but going the wrong way. Must have been out of the water for a while and at least 20 feet from the water so not sure how the hell it was still able to flop. It did swim away once we got it back in a tidal pool.

th_P1000581.jpgth_P1000582.jpgth_P1000583.jpg

The river Varma from our hotel balcony which we would be fishing the next day (yes those are geysers in the background not grass fires).

th_P1000588.jpgth_P1000589.jpg

It was just like some of the rivers/streams in Alberta, thousands of tiny fish everywhere jumping.

th_P1000630.jpgth_P1000637.jpg

The first resident brown that wife got on a Tenkara. It was a very comedic fight as she's never fought anything that large on a Tenkara (it's like a 13 foot fly rod with no reel, just about 16 feet of line and leader attached to the end). After directing her to run upstream and downstream with the brown so the line wouldn't snap, it finally tired out after about 5 minutes.

th_P1000638.jpgth_P1000648.jpgth_P1000643.jpg

We landed lots of little fish up to 10 inches but unfortunately couldn't get into any sea trout or arctic char and I was skunked for anything large until right at the end of fishing permit when it ran out at 8 pm when I hooked into another resident brown.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/l...nd/P1000658.jpg

Hopefully the next set of photos will be something from the sea, couldn't get anymore freshwater fishing permits for tomorrow.