Fly Fusion Forums

Iceland Fishing

Wife and I are planning to visit Iceland for a few days and hopefully get in one or two days of fly fishing (since it's Sept it'll be probably sea-trout and browns). I'd appreciate anyone's recommendations for guides or outfits there since it'll be the first time there as well as any other tips you can share.

Their government also needs all equipment disinfected for diseases and need a certificate to be presented. Anyone ever had this done before for visiting other countries and if so which veterinary does it in Calgary?

Thanks.

Wife and I are planning to visit Iceland for a few days and hopefully get in one or two days of fly fishing (since it's Sept it'll be probably sea-trout and browns). I'd appreciate anyone's recommendations for guides or outfits there since it'll be the first time there as well as any other tips you can share.

Their government also needs all equipment disinfected for diseases and need a certificate to be presented. Anyone ever had this done before for visiting other countries and if so which veterinary does it in Calgary?

Thanks.

The salmon fishing ive heard is second to none but its pricey also seasons done on the 31st! see

these guys they have access to some unbelievable water and they have general information about the disinfection process once you arrive at the airport - http://www.lax-a.net/iceland/fishing-icela...xa-in-asum.html

we stopped over for a few days last year but i opted for a weeks fishing in Scotland compared to a day in iceland! talk about being so close but so far!

When I went I just had it done at the airport can't remember for sure how much it cost but I think it was around 40 and it only took about 10 min.

I will have a look through my stuff and see what I can find.

I just went for Browns caught some up North but nothing at the beat closer to Rejavik.

Send me a e-mail to brianbhope3 at hotmail.com and I will forward you the whole e-mail discussion I had with Heimer from the following website:

http://www.gofishing.is/fishing_in_iceland-%20EUR.htm

Cheers,

Brian