Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Near Nelson?

We have a wedding this weekend just Northwest of Nelson, B.C, at Winlaw. I'm assuming there is good fishing all around there but can someone give me a few recommendations? I'd like to bring my 4wt and fish streams but shore fishing at a lake would be ok as well. I'll probably have part of a day or two to fish so my options are quite limited.

I'm not looking for GPS coordinates, just a few helpful hints. Pm me if you'd like. Thanks.

Cheers.

We have a wedding this weekend just Northwest of Nelson, B.C, at Winlaw. I'm assuming there is good fishing all around there but can someone give me a few recommendations? I'd like to bring my 4wt and fish streams but shore fishing at a lake would be ok as well. I'll probably have part of a day or two to fish so my options are quite limited.

I'm not looking for GPS coordinates, just a few helpful hints. Pm me if you'd like. Thanks.

Cheers.

I was up at Summit Lake a couple of weeks back and the fishing was decent. It's about 1h30m further along Hwy 6 just before Nakusp. For shore fishing there is an RV campground - if you can park in their visitor lot and walk to the lake you should be able to spot a stream that feeds into the lake.

If water levels are not too high, there is some decent fishing in Slocan River just a few kms south of Winlaw, close to Passmore where the Little Slocan Rvr runs in. I spent a few days there one Sept and that was the best spot I fished. Caught quite a few rainbows on stimulators. Drive across the Passmore Upper Rd bridge by Passmore, turn rt and follow Kickwillie Rd, park by Little slocan river bridge and walk a ways downstream to where it meets SLocan river.