Fly Fusion Forums

Pontoon Fix

Tpetey

So i put a hole in one of my pontoons loading it in the truck the other night, DOH. I've tried using a standard rubber/vinyl glue but it peels apart very easily after sitting over night. Has anyone had any success patching the internal bladder of their pontoon before? The outer shell of course has a hole now too, it's through the good stuff on the bottom, any ideas on how to repair that?

Thanks

Go to a dealer get a new bladder or contact Outcast and get one coming. Patch the PVC shell from the inside and outside. Inside with a oversized PVC patch and contact cement, outside with Marine Goop or similar. Get a new bladder. '

j

Take it to Auto Marine in Calgary, and get the job done by people who know how to do this kind of repair -- your life could depend on it. I had a U-boat repair job done there, and they were great. Terry

It's a punture hole, pushed in then ripped with three triangluar tails.

The hole in the internal bladder itself isn't too big, made for a 3/8" bolt on a buddys oar holder, GRRRRRRRRR.

The external cover has a nice little scratch running up it until it found a soft spot or somewhere it could grab on.

The outter hole is 1 1/2" long, looks very much like a cut.

I will give the aquaseal a try today, thanks guys.

It's a punture hole, pushed in then ripped with three triangluar tails.

The hole in the internal bladder itself isn't too big, made for a 3/8" bolt on a buddys oar holder, GRRRRRRRRR.

The external cover has a nice little scratch running up it until it found a soft spot or somewhere it could grab on.

The outter hole is 1 1/2" long, looks very much like a cut.

I will give the aquaseal a try today, thanks guys.

Your buddy ows you beer!!!!!! I bet he feels bad about it! ( I do )