Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Summit Lake

Hey Colin.

Get any cutties while you were there? I know they've only stalked rainbows for the past 3+ years, and I'm not sure where the brookies came from - but the cutties were why I used to hit it at ice-out :)

Thanks.

Frank.

Didn't get any cutts, fished it last fall and got some nice 'bows' and a few on the verge of spawning brookies.

Colin

There are still a few cutties. You can see them cruising the shoreline at this time of year, although there aren't nearly as many as three or four years ago. The story I heard about the brookies, is that they were "stocked" by mistake. Apparently it was an Alberta stocking truck that ended up at the wrong lake and they proceeded to dump them in -- not the first guy to make the mistake of thinking that Summit is in Alberta. I believe this happened quite a few years ago. Terry

I thought that you could fish summit with an alberta or bc license... is that place electric motor only or can ya bring a gas motor.. I cant remember? was thinking of headin up there with a buddy... neat place.

At one time you could use a gas motor, however on Friday all I saw was electric, so perhaps the rules have changed....You will need a BC license.

aahhh crap I cant afford a BC license this yr. Wasn't it years ago that you could fish it with either a BC or Alberta license? I remember seeing that in Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide or something.

I think that was Phillip's lake. Summit lies entirely in BC. If only SE BC became part of Alberta (as was talked about years ago)....

if it was in ab, it wouldnt have good fishing... :P

sadly, your probably right. Our idiotic gov't would probably find a way to let a crowd of morons quad it to death, ruin the entire area, camp for months on end and poach fish, and basically ruin everything we hold dear. kinda like the entire oldman / castle drainages which are a skeleton of their former granduer.