Fly Fusion Forums

Suggestions In Calgary

Hey Fellas

I am going full on nuts up here - especially with that new sage rod sitting on the rack un-tested.

Picking up my best friend at the airport next Wednesday and I figure, weather permitting it is time for me to actually try fishing the bow below the ghost.

The only two spots I know of are from FFC events (the litterpick at Fish Creek Park and a spey class at the dogpark) and I remember both of these area have seams within easy reach for my beginner buddy but those spots aside, I would be most gratefull for any suggestions any of you might have for easy to access locations that might get us into a few fish within the city.

Thanks

Rob

I would go to Fish Creek Park. There are very little of the ice shelves left, making it one of the safest places in the city right now. Also, last weekend was pretty good. Fish were in all kinds of water-seams and slow. They were also in both deep and medium depth water, with a nice mid-twenty brown coming out of about 3-4' of water about 5' from shore! All fish caught were active, with only a few being skinny/wintery. The rest were surprisingly hefty. Water clarity last weekend was great, Sat. about 4'+ and Sun. muddying up slightly to 2-3'. I suspect vis. will stay about the same/disspiate with the melt we've had this week. However, they were hungry eating worms, princes, copper johns, and caddis larva/pupae.