Fly Fusion Forums

Need Help Cooling Av Cabinet..

Howdy for the last couple days, i have been trying to set up a couple of small computer fans and run them to a on/off switch and to a ac/dc power source so i can cool my beloved thome theater system down, most of the componment are in a small 2 door cabinet with a closed back and i was hoping to cut holes(no problem) and suck the hot air out, my problem is not the holes, i pretty sure i am going to burn my house down or seriously zap my self. i am not real good with stuff like that, i have come close to it working then nothing, have tried a million different things and i think i have burned out my fans...So the bottom line is i need some help. Any electrcailly gifted fly fisherman out there that could help??need help willing to pay(nothing weird) and pretty cheap for i am having(wife) baby soon..JON :crybaby:

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i would suggest going with a larger fan that already has a plug on it and then just splice in the switch (just like you would on an IKEA lamp). The area (or heat volume) you are trying to cool might just be to large for those small fans.