Fly Fusion Forums

Harmonica..... Anyone..

I have a harmonica and I have the how to video but I have yet to get off my ass and giver a go.

Hi, I like your sign ... cool....

I have Blues Harmonica book and CD.. it sounds good. I have Utube on I am having troubles bending my notes. my jaw wont work it.

Thanks for your reply.. I was putting myself off learning this new tool.. but its fun.. lot easier then my electric gutiar...

Have fun, Thanks

FFW..

Well I hope to be fishing one day and hear some sweet sounds from the next pool up :D

Hi, Well, well. bring your harp wiff ya everytime you go to the river.... Lots to learn.. did ya know blownen in the harp is not just blowen... maken sounds to, like saying the words while blowing.. Ta Wick A Ta..... Hoooooooooooo waaaaaaa ta wick a ta..

cool eh!!!! Have fun...

the fishies love the music.. I've noticed..

I see why ppl love playen the harp, also.... frown here.. some ppl might think your on drugs by being lightheaded ..... sooo beware! :-)

I have a harmonica and I have the how to video but I have yet to get off my ass and giver a go.

Well that would be a task in its self <--poke--<

I'll grab the forklift and give you a hand buddy.

My grandfather down south use to play the harmonica and was very good at it, when he died three years ago I never thought I would miss hearing it, but now that you talked about it I realize how much I actually do miss it, maybe one day when I am on the bow I will hear you playing yours FFW and it will return me back to the days of childhood.

Well in another life I played in a blues-rock band. Old Robert Johnson tunes and the like.

You're kiding. Acoustic? I love Johnson. So few people know how much he shaped what we hear today.

On harp, I dabble a bit and I can get a bend but not if I'm using my tonge. Its hard to describe. Not to be rude, but you start with a little kiss and at the end you are deepthroating. Your mouth cavity starts small and goes as large as you can get it (you can't bend blowing out).

Hi, Is there anyone here on the board plays a Harp? I have one I am a begginer. and I love it.... The fishies seem to like it.. too.

Anyone into bending the notes yet..?

K thanks.

FFW.

Hi FFW

Here are a two sights that will help you on your journey to bending notes and playing the blues harp.. pick up a Sonny and Browne album and try to play along..

You should never feel light headed , that means you are trying too hard.. the loud stuff you hear on records and CD.s is from amplification, the Mic as it were, the harp plays better when you don't try too hard, I am trying to say don't blow or suck hard at all.. this is not a "dirty statement"... blow softly and easily in your harp and it will sound much different.

http://www.bluesharp.ca/

http://www.buddygreene.com/

Enjoy.. it is one of the greatest instruments to play and when there is a harp in the band the rest of the instruments tune from it ..

Hi, Thanks FFFW, Your infomation will come handy. I am getting better from my last post here, But.. when I am down at the river playing.. I sound pretty good... but last night in my room, I sucked, I think something is wrong with my harp! It sounded out of tune..... is that possible? ha...

I have a few songs, I have the numbers written down in my book, such as: You are my sunshine, 3 4 -4 5 5 5 -4 5 4 4 4 -4 ect.. the - sign is blow.

Down in the Valley, How Great Thou Art, is harder with the higher notes, I want to play more blues.... but that'll come later. I tried the open mouth over my harp it did sound better, but you know... it'll take practice.. which I am N-joying it..

Thank-you... for adding your info.

FFW.....

Hi, Thanks FFFW, Your infomation will come handy. I am getting better from my last post here, But.. when I am down at the river playing.. I sound pretty good... but last night in my room, I sucked, I think something is wrong with my harp! It sounded out of tune..... is that possible? ha...

I have a few songs, I have the numbers written down in my book, such as: You are my sunshine, 3 4 -4 5 5 5 -4 5 4 4 4 -4 ect.. the - sign is blow.

Down in the Valley, How Great Thou Art, is harder with the higher notes, I want to play more blues.... but that'll come later. I tried the open mouth over my harp it did sound better, but you know... it'll take practice.. which I am N-joying it..

Thank-you... for adding your info.

FFW.....

They can get "out of tune" it is mostly sorry for this but "dirty" tap it on your Palm, and no eating while playing.. I have taken a couple of mine apart gently mine you and you would not believe the stuff that get in there..

Acoustics has a big effect on the sound you get also of course.. like I said play gently and one of the big things is relax relax relax..

If you can find this one it is great..

The Natural Blues and Country Western Harmonica by Jon Gindick.. very good for starting out..

I play like a hippo farting , loud and bad, but like you I keep trying.. and it will get better..

FFF

You dont play the harp that bad. :monkey: Thing i like about fishing with you when you have the harmonica is it scares the living *hit out of the bears for miles.No need for bear deterent when FFF plays. Thought you were getting pretty good at those survivor man tunes. :cheers:

They can get "out of tune" it is mostly sorry for this but "dirty" tap it on your Palm, and no eating while playing.. I have taken a couple of mine apart gently mine you and you would not believe the stuff that get in there..

Acoustics has a big effect on the sound you get also of course.. like I said play gently and one of the big things is relax relax relax..

If you can find this one it is great..

The Natural Blues and Country Western Harmonica by Jon Gindick.. very good for starting out..

I play like a hippo farting , loud and bad, but like you I keep trying.. and it will get better..

Hi FFF, ok. I was wondering about that.. I did that smack it in my hand a few times. I know at first when ever I ate something I thought.. oh man I can't do that, I have to make sure my mouth is empty no crumbs in it at all....

I was down at the River today, took my harp and did some great fishing.. A freind this weekend let me use his line and reel.. with my rod, my rod is soft but his line worked great for me today, better then the weekend..

My playing down at the river again sounded wonderful~ and home well...... I've cleaned it more, could be the wind and the sound of the river makes the harp work great, and all the fresh air to boot..

I have the book Blues Harmonica for begginers, by William Lee Johnson.

The fellow on the net the link you sent here, I've been taking his Utube lessons.. he's played in his car so have I... great acoustics in my car, with the padded roof and what not....

K thanks again. sure is nice out today, great day for playing my harp and fishing in the Elbow....

FFW.