Fly Fusion Forums

What's In A Handle?

guess mine is pretty obvious...but not..it's short for ArticWolf ®, you will note that my user name is actually spelt incorrectly, that was on purpose, then I got it registered, using Wolfie now is so much easier than ArticWolf ®, or even AW,and the reason behind it was that was to be my next wolf pup, coming to me from the Yukon..but I never did get it..........Wolfie

Hi Wolfie

You may have seen pics of my GSD, German Shepherd Dog, Fischer on here, how about a pic of your Wolf.. and what is his/her name ?

Thanks Just curious, Fischer is 19 months old and 100lbs, how big does a domesticated Wolf get ?

Thanks in advance.. but will understand if you decline..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyfishfairwx..no problems telling you about my Wolf..'She' is an Alpha Coastal Wolf, with her as a male Russian..Nikita, only cause at the time that tv show was on..the spy, Nikita. She has been with me since 5 1/2 weeks old, and is now 9 years, but only because of the food she has got since I've had her, bringing her to 120 lbs. In the wild..she would have died by now for the life span is between 7-8 years old, as well as she may only weigh 60-75 lbs., do to the diet of mainly fish and black tail deer, but not everyday like she gets fed with me, although she does get raw meat and fish each day.

this is Nikita, my companion, Oh by the way, we both came from Vancouver Island where she was born and a bit of info...she is 'drug' trained..........Wolfie

r3hp11.jpg

Flyfishfairwx..no problems telling you about my Wolf..'She' is an Alpha Coastal Wolf, with her as a male Russian..Nikita, only cause at the time that tv show was on..the spy, Nikita. She has been with me since 5 1/2 weeks old, and is now 9 years, but only because of the food she has got since I've had her, bringing her to 120 lbs. In the wild..she would have died by now for the life span is between 7-8 years old, as well as she may only weigh 60-75 lbs., do to the diet of mainly fish and black tail deer, but not everyday like she gets fed with me, although she does get raw meat and fish each day.

this is Nikita, my companion, Oh by the way, we both came from Vancouver Island where she was born and a bit of info...she is 'drug' trained..........Wolfie

r3hp11.jpg

Thanks nice, looking Wolf..

The internet is a pretty faceless place. In this forum we read each other's posts and, until we actually meet, formulate opinions about the character of the writers.

What does your handle say about you?

When I started fly fishing again, I caught a lot of different things including myself, before I started catching fish - hence the name.

Hi, My nick name.... I am on the fly all the time, I fish. I am a woman...

Fly Fisher Woman..

Thanks.

Fish like me...I handle quite a few...my fishing buds started calling me a monger (rarely any bonked/fewer sold). We have been exercising fish together for over 20 years now. We thought about a team name "Mongers R US". My friend used to have this button on his vest... "No autographs please". He believes he is the Captain. Things just haven't been the same since he lost his button though

I borrowed my handle from the most excellent TV show 'Arrested Development'; one of the funniest shows EVER!!!

Scott Baio played a lawyer named Bob Loblaw. Try saying "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog" 3 times fast; or, "Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb"-these

are actual lines from the show.

That's my story, & I'm sticking to it; do not believe anything Castuserraticus may say about the possible origin of my handle... ;)

(This has been debated before... :P )

Peace out!

Steve

Guest Sundancefisher
The internet is a pretty faceless place. In this forum we read each other's posts and, until we actually meet, formulate opinions about the character of the writers.

What does your handle say about you?

When I started fly fishing again, I caught a lot of different things including myself, before I started catching fish - hence the name.

I never really thought about it. I live in Sundance and fish... Pacres:el:toro

If I had to honestly say why it is because I needed something easy to remember

I got mine from the guys on this board :)

When I sold my old guiding company my handle was "bowcrow" which I had been building for 7 or 8 years a rep with that name (and today the company carries on actually).

But after I sold it I figured sometimes I am a pretty opinionated guy and the new owner might not want some of the smartass things I say being associated with his company, so I asked the forum, whats a good new nickname for me?

Hawgstoppah was the result, becuase #1 - I liked it, #2 - it was the best one suggested, and #3... I used to catch a lot of big fish on a eeerily regular basis according to the fine folks here. I still do now, I just don't post them anymore... to much gripin and moaning on here these days, plus... I didn't buy the FFC tape measures when they came out so all mine are 23's and 24's not 27's and 28's like y'all seem to think your catchin! :lol:

I took mine because of a magical day I had on stauffer creek. It was years ago when I was struggling to learn fly fishing on my own, there was no internet only books. So i was reading some Bob Scammell and he said june 12 is about right for hitting the green drakes on stauffer. So i spent a few days tying green drake patterns and hit stauffer on the 12 of june just like bob said .

Well I must of hit the hatch on the perfect day because for about 3 hours that little creek just came alive with drakes popping and big fish everywhere. Every drift was either a nice brown or a swallow picking your fly up in the air 10 feet before dropping it. To this day it remains the benchmark I compare all other days too.

I used to do a lot of mountain biking and downhilling, lately fly fishing has overtaken my biking but one of my first high end bikes was and still is a Slingshot. Since the handle Slingshot is so common I just decided to add an Z to the end to make it unique.

http://www.slingshotbikes.com/images/sling-power_callout.jpg, the new ones are pretty much the same but mine was one of the original yellow ones.

Killed a guy in prision with an icepick....no but it would be a way cooler story

Well my first initial and last name spell MADAMS, little too much like madame, so there goes rickr's creativity out the door. I live for the river, wind, rain, even sideways sleet, so Iceman is is. Some other numb nutz on here already has "theiceman" so I was real creative and put a 2 after it.