Fly Fusion Forums

What's In A Handle?

The internet is a pretty faceless place. In this forum we read each other's posts and, until we actually meet, formulate opinions about the character of the writers.

What does your handle say about you?

When I started fly fishing again, I caught a lot of different things including myself, before I started catching fish - hence the name.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine says I have a huge ego and that I am a pretentious and pompous prick!! LoL Really I'm not!! But like to be unique and I think using an umlaut is Über (super) kewl and unique (and a bit pretentious)!!

Peter

P.S. Don't need any further comments/opinions Rick!!

The internet is a pretty faceless place. In this forum we read each other's posts and, until we actually meet, formulate opinions about the character of the writers.

What does your handle say about you?

When I started fly fishing again, I caught a lot of different things including myself, before I started catching fish - hence the name.

Nickname from a few years ago.

F**king

New

Guy

It stuck and was prudent here as I was the FNG at the time. New to the sport, new to the board.

Doesn't really apply now mind you, but hey.

My new nickname at work is either D-Rock or D-Balls.....depending on who you talk to. lol

I went on a guided trip with Joe Buck 2 years ago and he was always calling the big browns "Big Toads." He would give a running commentary while you were fishing, especially a really juicy looking spot, (read with excited English accent) "Oh, a big toad is going to come up and crush it, oh come on big toad, CRUNCH!" while making faces like he was a big brown smashing the big dry fly. Almost as entertaining as the fishing. When something would strike, I would usually be so psyched out already that I would set the hook too early. One of the best days I've had on the water.

That and my sisters growing up used to (and still do) call me "Toad," (my name being Todd) so "Big Toad" just seemed to fit.

guess mine is pretty obvious...but not..it's short for ArticWolf ®, you will note that my user name is actually spelt incorrectly, that was on purpose, then I got it registered, using Wolfie now is so much easier than ArticWolf ®, or even AW,and the reason behind it was that was to be my next wolf pup, coming to me from the Yukon..but I never did get it..........Wolfie