Fly Fusion Forums

Diners, Drive Ins And Dives

I'm sure a couple of you guys must watch this unbelievably delectable and artery-hardening show. Shouldn't watch when hungry though.

Anyhoo.....Mike and I were talking about how much we wish Calgary had a place/places like the restaurants on the show.

So.....if you watch the show and you know what we mean, and you know of any places in Calgary like that - throw names out at us! I'll go buy myself a mid-life crisis convertible and do my own show if I get enough suggestions!

I've never seen the show....but one of my Calgary 'Secret spots' is The Spicy Hut' on Ed Trail....thems good eats.....one of the first times I was there I asked the girl "how do you pronounce this?" while pointing at the menu, she said "Thats number 23".....still chuckle to this day....

Cool, will have to visit next time I'm in town. Had this a couple times.....

Doug's "Don't Fear the Reaper" Burger $15.00

Four Patties, 4 Bacon pieces, 2 cheese slices, 1 fried egg, topped with a 100% All-Beef wiener, Boogie's Signature Red Sauce and all the fixings.

I'm gonna throw this out there, but will probably get ridiculed for it b/c it's veggie...

Annpurna Curry Pot on 52 and Memorial SE

Former owners were AWESOME, but they sold and it's still very good!

P

I'm gonna throw this out there, but will probably get ridiculed for it b/c it's veggie...

Annpurna Curry Pot on 52 and Memorial SE

Former owners were AWESOME, but they sold and it's still very good!

P

Is it still there we used to go occasionally but it was closed for renos the last time and we haven't been back to check? And btw i think it is fully the other end of the spectrum than the intent of this thread.

That's a frick'in heart attack waiting to happen!!

Four Patties, 4 Bacon pieces, 2 cheese slices, 1 fried egg, topped with a 100% All-Beef wiener, Boogie's Signature Red Sauce and all the fixings.

Wtf is this place? I NEED one of those

Well it used to be a total dive with AWESOME food and super friendly owners!! Yes it is open but no longer a dive...

Is it still there we used to go occasionally but it was closed for renos the last time and we haven't been back to check? And btw i think it is fully the other end of the spectrum than the intent of this thread.

Well no frickin' wonder its got a good burger, Gus Pieters started the place. Well it sounds like it made the transition to new owners unlike the place on 16th

And Uber? This is Alberta an animal hasta die so we can eat <--poke--<

If you want a real good deli sandwich then go to Keith's Deli, one of my most fav places to eat, next to burger inn.

Bagolac Saigon is also my fav place to go for Veit. food

I got some secert spots that make some of the most amazing donairs and Liebanis meat pies that are absoultly to die for.

El Sambrao's (most likely spelled the name wrong) on 17th has some of the best mexican food

The catch is by far one of the best seafood resturants around (however it is very pricy) or Boyds on Mcleod trail

If you want a real good deli sandwich then go to Keith's Deli, one of my most fav places to eat, next to burger inn.

Bagolac Saigon is also my fav place to go for Veit. food

I got some secert spots that make some of the most amazing donairs and Liebanis meat pies that are absoultly to die for.

El Sambrao's (most likely spelled the name wrong) on 17th has some of the best mexican food

The catch is by far one of the best seafood resturants around (however it is very pricy) or Boyds on Mcleod trail

I'm glad you mentioned El Sombrero - been looking for a good Mexican restaurant too.

Boyd's has, by far, THE BEST clam chowder I have ever had in my life. I'd go there just for that.

I'm glad you mentioned El Sombrero - been looking for a good Mexican restaurant too.

Boyd's has, by far, THE BEST clam chowder I have ever had in my life. I'd go there just for that.

When I use to manage Portage Seafood we use to make a Manhatten and New England Clam Chowder that would slaughter what boyds makes, even though it is good the stuff that we made was just that much better, I'll call my old boss (which just happens to be my good friends mother) and get the reciepite for you, note that it will be for a big huge gigantic pot so you will have to cut down on it.

Oh and El Eombrero's is a bit on the expensive side but well worth it, and watch out for the pitcher of tiquilia margarities (I know my spelling sucks ass) as they go down way to easy and get you drunk pretty quick. Also hope you can speak or rerad mexican, as everything is in meixcan.

and BBT stay in Cochrane, these are northy only eateriers <--poke--<

Dude 20 years in the NW before the move out here so it's my hood LOL

Salt n pepper in Bowness or the one in Cochrane rules for Mexican.

Cochrane Cafe on main street for pure greased out dining.

Dude 20 years in the NW before the move out here so it's my hood LOL

Salt n pepper in Bowness or the one in Cochrane rules for Mexican.

Cochrane Cafe on main street for pure greased out dining.

Have been to Salt n Pepper before and in my own opion I think El Sombrao's kicks its ass. You should try it one day chris I think you will come to the same conclusion.