Fly Fusion Forums

The Well Keeled Minnow

Lundvike

based on keeled streamer that I saw in Canadian Outdoorsman (I think?) but yes now that you mention it, it does remind me of a crazy charlie.

I didn't really follow any specific pattern just used the materials I had with the intention of making a streamer that would sink well and stay the right way up.

Materials List

Hook: Mustad Signature Circle Streamer 1x Long #2

Body: 2 pieces of non-lead one on top of the other, silver holographic tinsel, clear v-rib

Eyes: Lead painted barbells

Wing: Olive Super hair over chartreuse super hair over crystal flash

based on keeled streamer that I saw in Canadian Outdoorsman (I think?) but yes now that you mention it, it does remind me of a crazy charlie.

I didn't really follow any specific pattern just used the materials I had with the intention of making a streamer that would sink well and stay the right way up.

Materials List

Body: 2 pieces of non-lead one on top of the other, silver holographic tinsel, clear v-rib

i will take a dozen in brown/white or black/white Karl. nice looking streamer

Interesting you would use non-lead based weight and then lead eyes, but like you mentioned, you used what you had... I try to use no lead consistantly, but I think I have a few lead eyes left, as well...

Great tie!

P

Materials List

Interesting you would use non-lead based weight and then lead eyes, but like you mentioned, you used what you had... I try to use no lead consistantly, but I think I have a few lead eyes left, as well...

Great tie!

P

I am trying very hard not to use lead but... I am not going to just throw out what I already have.