Fly Fusion Forums

Beaver Dams On Stauffer

Not familiar with that style of trap, but yeah, looked like the rest got scavenged. One of those big square ones you set on the beaver's trail. Would have offed him pretty quick the way it hit. Had been sitting there a while by the looks of it..

** Just looked it up, was a Conibear trap for sure.**

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don. Came across two large dams yesterday. Sorry, no GPS so I don't have the coordinates. The first one is upstream of the 761 bridge. From the bridge, it's about 1/3 of the way to the farmhouse (the one with the two big dogs that always come down to greet me). This particular dam has increased the water levels and decreased the speed of the flow all the way past that same farmhouse. It is now too deep to wade in those sections.

The second one is upstream of the BFW bridge. I came across it after fishing upstream from the bridge for maybe 45 - 60 minutes. It is very large as well. I would say it is just slightly east of the Lazy M barns. The area around and upstream of this dam is now a total swamp.

I have helped out with dam removal in the past. Send word if help is needed in that regard. Many thanks.

There is a large dam downstream of HW 761. Follow the North Raven Road (top of the hill, North of the bridge) east until it turns south. From the spot where this road turns east again, the dam is found straight down the fenceline.