Fly Fusion Forums

Getting Back At Random Campers

check out the link another member posted fishinbugdude u are suppose too move your tent rv 5th wheel or whatever after 14 days.... we need more signs stating the rules first! second would be heavy enforcment of them rule! this weekend i found a few signs in teh bush that said "trail closed natural reclamation in progress" or somethign similar.. and people rippin there quads up n down those exact trails....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a new member to this site and have been going through some of your topics. Some things very interesting while others I actually found disturbing. ( This one topic)

We all don't like someone but it does not give us the right to slam, harass and put them on display.

If this forum is as reputable as I have heard, pictures and comments would have been kept to a minimum by those who administer and moderate this forum. Being those who look after this forum you would think you would be cautious about slamming or stocking people. You must be prepared to deal with this in a legal manor allowing this to continue. My advice would be to have this topic removed along with all the pictures and personal information of this camper whom your forum is stocking and harrassing.

LLP : J M Leggo

Threatening legal action is quite laughable. Our lawyer here says it would end up costing you a TON of money for no resolve. So take your 5 posts trolling and threats elsewhere.

You've done nothing here but troll. If you wish to come back and make useful posts then come back after one month.

- Management.

i found a few signs in teh bush that said "trail closed natural reclamation in progress" or somethign similar.. and people rippin there quads up n down those exact trails....

Yeah, the Alberta Way, run over the signs. Funny how over in Saskabush the trails stop @ the signs and here the excuse is "I never seen no effin' sign" Also damn funny is the assumption around here is that it's the local redneck hillbillies doin' the damage. Since I am or was a local redneck hillbilly long term random camper I have a news flash for y'all, the vast vast majority of us local rednecks quit our rippin and tearin' 5-10 yrs ago when the new crop of strangers showed up, the ones with absolutely no respect for campsites, signs, trails or waterways. I've often wondered how long term of residents some of these fuzzy balled idiots are.

Yeah, the Alberta Way, run over the signs. Funny how over in Saskabush the trails stop @ the signs and here the excuse is "I never seen no effin' sign" Also damn funny is the assumption around here is that it's the local redneck hillbillies doin' the damage. Since I am or was a local redneck hillbilly long term random camper I have a news flash for y'all, the vast vast majority of us local rednecks quit our rippin and tearin' 5-10 yrs ago when the new crop of strangers showed up, the ones with absolutely no respect for campsites, signs, trails or waterways. I've often wondered how long term of residents some of these fuzzy balled idiots are.

Agree. I am beginning to feel guilty every time I pull off the road to random camp like I have done for years or when I unload my quad to drive up a road or trail. I too have seen a change in attitude and behavior from some the last few years. It is getting harder for me to live my philosophy -I always try to leave a campsite, be it a random spot, campground, high mountain meadow that I hike into, wherever, better when I leave than when I first got there. Sometimes now I would have to haul an entire half ton load of garbage out or carry a full pack of beer cans and garbage out from the stream.

The "redneck" camper of old enjoyed and appreciated the bush and would not do anything to harm it.

When we came back from Lost Guide Lake last weekend we were loading our crap into the car at the Ram staging area. There is a map there saying where atv's can and can not go. They've also closed some areas of the Hummingbird campsite for reclamation. When we got there, a CO showed up and chatted with me about where I had been and then he carried on up into the Hummingbird area. I told him it was great to see him out patrolling in the area.

Not 5 minutes after he disappeared, about 3 atv's show up and stop at the sign. Kids are on the back with helmets but no one else has them. Then they proceed up the hummingbird road where the CO went down. I don't think they were even supposed to be on that road with quads! I bet he could have just sat up in that area and caught quadders all day.

When we were driving out, there was another group of quadders screaming up the road with no helmets. I hope he caught them too.

It's going to take a LOT more enforcement (and steeper fines) before we see some real improvement.

I do have to say, after seeing what the area was like 5 years ago when I went out there with people and quads everywhere, and now, they have shut a lot of the Hummingbird area down to motorized vehicles, that it is starting to improve the area. I even caught a few fish out of the ol' Bird which would have never happened 5 years ago.

I guess if people F*&K things up enough eventually it will get noticed and some positive changes might take place.

When we came back from Lost Guide Lake last weekend we were loading our crap into the car at the Ram staging area. There is a map there saying where atv's can and can not go. They've also closed some areas of the Hummingbird campsite for reclamation. When we got there, a CO showed up and chatted with me about where I had been and then he carried on up into the Hummingbird area. I told him it was great to see him out patrolling in the area.

Not 5 minutes after he disappeared, about 3 atv's show up and stop at the sign. Kids are on the back with helmets but no one else has them. Then they proceed up the hummingbird road where the CO went down. I don't think they were even supposed to be on that road with quads! I bet he could have just sat up in that area and caught quadders all day.

When we were driving out, there was another group of quadders screaming up the road with no helmets. I hope he caught them too.

It's going to take a LOT more enforcement (and steeper fines) before we see some real improvement.

I do have to say, after seeing what the area was like 5 years ago when I went out there with people and quads everywhere, and now, they have shut a lot of the Hummingbird area down to motorized vehicles, that it is starting to improve the area. I even caught a few fish out of the ol' Bird which would have never happened 5 years ago.

I guess if people F*&K things up enough eventually it will get noticed and some positive changes might take place.

It will get noticed, take pictures and send/email them the the Fish cops and MLA's and even the premier, tell them you are a pissed off Tax payer and want this stopped, or your vote will go to the green Party or even worse the liberals Mods plse note I am trying to hide the nasty "L" word..

Wow! You put the Greens a head of the "L"'s!! LoL

Nice!!

P

It will get noticed, take pictures and send/email them the the Fish cops and MLA's and even the premier, tell them you are a pissed off Tax payer and want this stopped, or your vote will go to the green Party or even worse the liberals Mods plse note I am trying to hide the nasty "L" word..

How exactly did this become a liberal vs conservative issue? I don't like Random Camping, or at least the unregulated version. But I would classify myself as more leaning toward liberal causes than conservative. Am I an anachronism (hey, an alliteration!)? Can I only be against Random Camping if I am a conservative? Can I just be a small c conservative, or do I have to be a big C Conservative? Is there such a thing as a bleeding heart conservative (if so, I bet those bastards are small c), or are conservatives only unfeeling, uncaring bastards who are more than likely armed? I currently don't own a gun. So if I want to be a conservative, either big or small c/C do I need to go buy one?

Now that I think of it, back when I was in the military, I owned a gun but funnily enough was still a liberal (they call them democrats where I'm from). Maybe they should have kicked me out. I wonder if I was a bleeding heart or not?

Just wondering. Figured this thread couldn't be any more in the mud, so I should drag politics into it.

Well seeing as how Rickr " dragged us into the mud" LOL

When I hear the fear-mongering about the Liberals, I wonder if any party could do a worse job than the CONSERVATIVES of managing:

Our Resources

Our Environment

Our Health Care

Our Education

and just about anything else you care to mention.

Regards Mike

The guy poking with the pointy stick!!

How exactly did this become a liberal vs conservative issue? I don't like Random Camping, or at least the unregulated version. But I would classify myself as more leaning toward liberal causes than conservative. Am I an anachronism (hey, an alliteration!)? Can I only be against Random Camping if I am a conservative? Can I just be a small c conservative, or do I have to be a big C Conservative? Is there such a thing as a bleeding heart conservative (if so, I bet those bastards are small c), or are conservatives only unfeeling, uncaring bastards who are more than likely armed? I currently don't own a gun. So if I want to be a conservative, either big or small c/C do I need to go buy one?

Now that I think of it, back when I was in the military, I owned a gun but funnily enough was still a liberal (they call them democrats where I'm from). Maybe they should have kicked me out. I wonder if I was a bleeding heart or not?

Just wondering. Figured this thread couldn't be any more in the mud, so I should drag politics into it.

STOP IT!!!!!

If you could hear me typing I am shouting!!!!!!

And people do not get me wrong, it is not all Random Campers it is only the dirty ones...

The ones who wake up in the morning and can't see the beauty, around them and and that do not understand this....

"Admittedly, this is still an uncommon attitude, but it is growing in the face of reality. There is slow acceptance of the idea that if a man does not practice conservation in sport, he is not likely to practice it in other ways, and when the equation is carried out to the very end he finds that it is really his own habitat that he is trying to conserve.

And so the lesson is that man and the fish must coexist, that the angler should use the resource but not use it up, that success need not be measured by the number of the kill, and that every care should be taken to guard the wild heritage of Salmon and Trout so that these best examples of nature's work shall not vanish from the earth. And Fly Fishing, with all its other inherent pleasures, is the method-and the philosophy- most consistent with this noble purpose."

Written in 1973 by Steve Raymond....

Triple F, just having some fun.

If I really wanted to have some fun, I would say aloud how fascinating I find it that a fly fisherman (as I suppose Mr. Raymond is) thinks that fly fishermen are most consistent with noble purposes. Seems a bit self congratulatory, Mr. Raymond I mean. But that would just be me using a pointy stick just for the hell of it, so I'll pass.

Can you hear me laughing at the keyboard as I type this? Hope you are taking this in the fun intended.

Triple F, just having some fun.

If I really wanted to have some fun, I would say aloud how fascinating I find it that a fly fisherman (as I suppose Mr. Raymond is) thinks that fly fishermen are most consistent with noble purposes. Seems a bit self congratulatory, Mr. Raymond I mean. But that would just be me using a pointy stick just for the hell of it, so I'll pass.

Can you hear me laughing at the keyboard as I type this? Hope you are taking this in the fun intended.

I am I am,

He is just saying that Fly fishing is less destructive, and more in line with what the rest of the paragraph is saying.. and that is the important thing what the rest of the Para is saying..

Edited my post; note to self: Must proof read more gooder!!

Regards Mike <--poke--<

Take a look at what the "L's" had done to the country as a whole, and in the Provinces that they have been in power for any length of time.. and that is the answer..

I know some will argue and that is OK.. but not here, maybe in the PM world

That's why the Greens were ahead of the L ...

And to answer your questions yes yes there is one and it is the "L's"

Hey FFF

The reason the Libs have made more mistakes than the Cons is that have they have formed more govts; in more provinces than the Cons could ever dream. In Alberta, the current govt is looking more and more like the old Social Credit Party-dinosaurs- and all It will take is a charismatic leader to oust them.

Anyways, it's no fun arguing politics unless you're face to face with a bottle of single malt or dark rum on the table and knives and guns are checked at the door. Of course if you're a Canadian discussing American Politics this isn't necessary- Right Rick :P:P:D

Regards Mike

Hey FFF

The reason the Libs have made more mistakes than the Cons is that have they have formed more govts; in more provinces than the Cons could ever dream. In Alberta, the current govt is looking more and more like the old Social Credit Party-dinosaurs- and all It will take is a charismatic leader to oust them.

Anyways, it's no fun arguing politics unless you're face to face with a bottle of single malt or dark rum on the table and knives and guns are checked at the door. Of course if you're a Canadian discussing American Politics this isn't necessary- Right Rick :P:P:D

Regards Mike

Amen Amen hahahaha Good times in the Maritime' s .. That brings home some old memories..

..............do mean i can collect my guns and bring them to the ..'party'?..........Wolfie

Hmmm, that didn't come out quite like I intended. Rather than try and fix it, I'm better off to let the hijack die.

Regards Mike

Hmmm, that didn't come out quite like I intended. Rather than try and fix it, I'm better off to let the hijack die.

Regards Mike

I never discuss politics concerning US, without my glock, strapped to me....gee and I was looking forward to that party.....oh_well.gif...lol-2.gif....Wolfie