Fly Fusion Forums

New Humblefisherman Movie

Hello Fishing Friends,

I have been up to more editing and have completed another vid. This one is our home water on the south Bow River below Jensens. A perfect day with my first ever sighting of Racoons on the Bow. Also, how not to unload a driftboat... Trouttrek kept me laughin super hard all day and the fish were willing and easy. One of my favorite day's of the year.

i could fish the Bow River every day of the year and never ever grow tired of it.

We are so very lucky to have a great trophy trout river like this so close to home.

I hope you enjoy the latest edition in the Humblefisherman series.

Bow River Rockets

watch it in HD by clicking the HD button. Pause it a second after it starts and let it load up for awhile to avoid stalling.

Happy viewing and thanks for watching!

Guest girlsfishtoo

Thanks for sharing Jay. Awesome video, :D nice fish and beautiful scenery. I didn't know there were racoons in Alberta!

Thanks everyone for the kind words, It was a fun day!

The Raccoons are a rare sight on the Bow, I had heard stories but had never witnessed them. They were very fun creatures to watch. We pulled in and filmed them for awhile as they turned rocks, ate leeches, and peeled caddis tubes. Busy little things. I was impressed by the pair but i hear they have a bad reputation. Anyone else see Raccoons on the Bow, i heard a story of some dudes waistpack and sandwich getting nabbed by a coon when he left it on shore near the weir.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, It was a fun day!

The Racoons are a rare sight on the Bow, I had heard stories but had never witnessed them. They were very fun creatures to watch. We pulled in and filmed them for awhile as they turned rocks, ate leeches, and peeled caddis tubes. Busy little things. I was impressed by the pair but i hear they have a bad reputation. Anyone else see Racoons on the Bow, i heard a story of some dudes waistpack and sandwich getting nabbed by a coon when he left it on shore near the weir.

Jay,

Great video as always. Can't wait for summer!

Oh, and a certain area is fishing very well right now.

Quick raccoon story:

We owned one when I was 15. We also owned a marina at the time (marina might be a bit of a stretch. Bait camp/boat launch more accurate) in Texas. One time Rascal jumped down from a table near the camp, ran to the pier, jumped in a boat, pulled a lunchbox (old fashioned kind with latches) from under the bow, opened it (they are just amazing creatures, can get into anything), pulled out a package of cinnamon buns, ripped in and started eating. This whole time I am trying to catch him and stop him but the guy said "let him have the cinnamon buns. That's the damndest thing I've ever seen."

I am using a bit of ulead, some adobe, and some good old fashioned movie maker. I've never been able to find a program with all the features i need yet. I find the editing a unique and welcome challenge. Looking forward to 2009. Good story about the cooners Rick, doesn't surprise me the way they were picking the eats off the rocks and flippin stones.

Hey Jay,

Aswome vid, loved the bed music it roxed.

I've used Sony Movie for the last couple of years and is a very soild program and high suggest it, use to be by Sonic Foundry and was called Vegas Video.

Hey Jay,

Aswome vid, loved the bed music it roxed.

I've used Sony Movie for the last couple of years and is a very soild program and high suggest it, use to be by Sonic Foundry and was called Vegas Video.

Thanks bhurt, i'll give it a shot. Alway's looking for ne programs to spice things up!