Fly Fusion Forums

Buy Materials Online

Tee

You can't beat a real outlet as you can inspect the materials first hand BEFORE putting out your hard earned cash. I have never been totally satisfied with material other than hooks that i've bought on line.

Depends what you need, if it's run of the mill type materials on line is OK, but then you might as well buy local and not incur shipping. If it's more exotic be careful. Like Flytyer, I've bought some real junk not worth the shipping online. Nice to see what you are buying. What do you need?

I was also happy with Thornes ....aka TMS. I didn't buy anything really specialized but their prices were great on several small items. They seem to stock a good variety of stuff....pretty much everything I was looking for when I placed my last order....here in less than 5 business days.

However, I don't have anywhere local to buy being in the Hat......if you can get to a shop I would recommend it as well.

Silver Doctor,

Wasn't really looking for anything in perticular. Edmonton doesn't have a great selection of shops other than the usuals (Fishin hole, Wholesale sports). I would really like to find some Mink Zonkers, but other than that, I was just curious what I could get online. If not feathers/fur, I could still get hooks, beads and synthetics online.

Guest Dennis59

Tee I've used both of these Doc's fly box and BearLodge Angler. The prices are very reasonable.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

So since my post, I've gotten some materials from www.thornesmanufacturing.com. I'm pleased to say that it was quite convienent. I ordered a few packs of hungarian, some phesant tail, and thread. I wanted to get beads and mink but they were out of stock. There was, however, a bunch of stuff I didn't order that they thew in. ( not mispacked, as they had bits of paper that said "Complements of TMS". Very quick and convienent.

Plus, who doesn't like to get a package to open when they get home from work.

I've been dealing with them for a couple of years now, never had a bad experience and the free shipping is a big plus. I still buy from shops in Edmonton, but Fort Sask. is in the neighborhood and you can't always find what you are looking for at any one place.

just placed an order with TMS.... I will let you know how it turns out. Prices were very good...just hope the delivery is equally as good.

m

Received the order on Friday and all was there even a few free items. Products were top notch and yes they state that they accept Canadian Tire money on par......this will not be the last order for this place.

m