Fly Fusion Forums

Official Canucks 2008/2046 Thread

them crazy sore loser fans in van don't deserve a team after last night , can't say it was a small hand full of thugs , i watched it on TV till 1 in the morning , i'd say half were wearing the canucks jerseys so i have no respect for what i seen ,

Gotta disagree on this, if the Canucks would have won or lost lastnight there would have been a riot regardless. When you have a group of punks coming down there with crowbars, masks, rags and gasoline wearing Canucks jerseys - you know that they aren't there to cheer on their hockey team. It sucks as a Canucks fan, and even more as a Canadian to have a black eye like this on every news network around the globe.

I gotta hand it to the Bruins, they had the grit to get it done and were the better team. With that being said, I'm still proud of the Canucks, they had a hell of a season and am looking forward to next year.

Cheers,

Buck

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bobjones
even at the end of the game booing betman in the house , they were all canucks fans booing ,

I thought that was awesome. If you can get a whole arena of Canadian fans booing you, you must be a real weasel. Next to Vancouver blowing it, that was my favorite moment of the playoffs.

There are not many people that I've never met, that I would feel good about punching in the face, but that twept is at the top of the list.

A timmies? Wow. Wouldn't want to break your wallet there Richard.

i was going to add a doughnut to go with the timmies for you Ricky , but i seem to remember reading or a post that you were into the tour d france biking these days to lose some weight so i didn't want to tempt you bud , for you being such a good sport , i'll open my wallet a wee bit more

you want one or a big dozen Rick , and you know it will have to be all '' Boston Creams '' for you , ha ha

Guest bobjones
Gotta disagree on this, if the Canucks would have won or lost lastnight there would have been a riot regardless. When you have a group of punks coming down there with crowbars, masks, rags and gasoline wearing Canucks jerseys - you know that they aren't there to cheer on their hockey team. It sucks as a Canucks fan, and even more as a Canadian to have a black eye like this on every news network around the globe.

I gotta hand it to the Bruins, they had the grit to get it done and were the better team. With that being said, I'm still proud of the Canucks, they had a hell of a season and am looking forward to next year.

Cheers,

Buck

I love the way the Mayor and Police chief are saying "These people come into our city and cause these problems..." As if all the hooligans were from other places. Classic Spin. Fact is most fans were well behaved, but come on, we all have seen the video and there were hundreds and hundreds of FANS wearing jerseys that were rioting and looting. Perhaps now the foks from Van will stop being so full of themselves.

Guys:

Vancouver does not have a monopoly in hooliganism. Edmonton had douchebags in 2006, Calgary in 2004 (don't get in a huff; I recognize that the Calgary fans didn't do the same extent of damage; but then again, Calgary is not the same size of city as Vancouver).

I think every NHL city in Canada would have had a negative reaction. Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto the most negative, because they have the highest populations.

This is not a Vancouver sucks thing. Its a "there's a small minority of thugs in every city willing to cause s&*t" kinda thing.

Smitty

Every single one of those douche bags involved , deserve nothing less than having their citizenships under review if not entirely revoked !! Anyone who threatens this nations safety are nothing less than a terrorist !! If I EVER face such people , My remedy rhymes with , FREE INCH MAGNUM!!

Oops, hehe :dr: darn op sedation drugs.....they told me not to drive , sign anything , or play with anything sharp for 24 hrs , guess "posting on the 'puter fits the bill too" sorry for that .....

Just seeing the images on the screen , man , damn near brings a tear to my eye . kind of gives me the message that we are not much different than other countries in that sense and merely an hour or two away from total chaos . Also kind of tells us what kind of people we may be , in being pursuaded to do such rediculous and heinous acts so easily....what a Sh*tStorm . Seems the few who ruin it for the many , not only comes from the workplace , etc . Its everywhere !

smitty

your correct in that there was a bunch of small thugs , but i'll also add in all the youtube video's i'v watch and on TV when it was happening , sure was allot and i mean allot of canucks jersey's running around , no one can tell me they were not fans , you could see them jumping and screaming about the canucks

so to help make it sound better for the media and city , they come out and say a small group of thugs , whats a small group , 10 , 20 , 50 , small to me would be at the most say 100 , i only have seen 1 person in all the video's wearing a mask , yet i would guess i seen at least 10,000 wearing canucks jerseys , but no chance they were fans , or was the group of thugs not small and was big

those standing around in my eyes just as bad , cheering them on , oh don't get me wrong was allot of true fans who were disgusted by what they were watching being done , if everyone would of left after the game when it started to get out of hand , then the cops could of done the job way easier rounding up the so called '' small group of thugs'' , yet i don't believe it was a small group , this is not the first time them crazy canucks made a mess , like 3 times , a whole bunch of sore losers who just wanted to raise a little hell ,

here's a couple of the so called small group of thugs , looks like canucks fans to me , wish i knew how to blow the pictures up as the guy on the car is holding the lic plate and wearing a canuck jersery ,

post-1435-1308317847.jpg

post-1435-1308317885.jpg

Blah, blah.

I've listened to the "soft European" rhetoricf or so long now.

And really, who were the leaders of Boston? Aren't they fairly loaded with Euro's as well? I don't think Chara is from Saskatchewan is he?

leaders of the bruins? chara, lucic, bergeron, recchi, horton, krejci. the bruins have euros too but it's more a question of whether the euros are soft or not and what is the role of the euros on the team? kaberle on the bruins (who didn't do himself any favours in the playoffs as a UFA looking for a new contract) i would call soft but not the rest of the bruins' euros.

on the canucks i wouldn't call erhoff or edler soft but the sedins, though skilled, are very soft and always have been. they won't win the cup as the go to guys....they can be intimidated and shut down in a 7 game series. to get shut down offensively by the other team's checkers is one thing but to give up 4 goals in a game 7 for the the cup? soft is an understatement. their role is to carry the team and be the go to guys. they have not been able to fufill that role in any season yet.

the bettman booing was hilarious - didn't seem to bother him though, he just smiled and opened his piehole to start talking - when you're a weasel you know you're not liked. i remember the same thing in detroit 2 years ago when pittsburgh won. don't really remember it last year in chicago though but maybe it happened. but you could hardly hear him speak over the booing.....i was laughing the whole time....

the rioting was a shameful.....vancouver likely lost all of its olympic goodwill that night.....hard to believe that people could be so thoughtless and stupid. smashing/burning cars is one thing but to smash and loot stores....wow.....stupid doesn't even come close to what it was....i was on the red mile after game 7 in 2004 for a while to check it out and saw nothing that was bad, not even a fight, although i wasn't there all night so s&^% could have happened but i don't recall much going on other then people pissing all over the place and throwing garbage on the streets....why would it be so different?.....are the young people (as most seemed young on tv) that much different there than here?

I am just the messenger... ;)

Q. How do you keep the Vancouver Canucks out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal net.

Q. How many Vancouver Canucks does it take to win a Stanley Cup?

A. Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q. What do the Vancouver Canucks and possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and are killed on the road.

Q: What do the Canucks and Whales have in common?

A: They both get confused when surrounded by ice

Q: Why are the Canucks like a training bra?

A: Minimal support and no cups.

Q: Why won't they give Kelowna a professional Hockey team?

A: Because then Vancouver will want one too.

Q: What do the Vancouver Canucks and the Titanic have in common?

A: They both look good until they hit the ice!

Q: Why don't the Canucks drink tea?

A: Because the Canadiens and Red Wings have all the cups.

Q: What do you call 5 Vancouver Canucks players standing ear to ear?

A: A wind tunnel.

Q: Why are the Canucks like grizzly bears?

A: Every fall they go into hibernation.

Q: What does a recent high school dropout and the Vancouver Canucks have in common?

A: They’re both young, have no goals and no good prospects.

Q: What’s the difference between a fat chick and the Canucks?

A: Even a fat chick scores every once in a while!

Q: What is it called when a Vancouver Canuck player blows in another Canuck player’s ear?

A: Data transfer.

Q: What's blue and white and goes down the toilet faster than Liquid Plumber?

A: The Vancouver Canucks

Q: What do a fine wine and the Vancouver Canucks have in common?

A: They spend a lot of time in the cellar, cost too much and are only enjoyed on select occasions.

Q: Why did the Post Office recall their latest stamps?

A: They had pictures of Canucks players on them and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Q: Why do people like driving a car with a Canucks fan?

A: Because you can park in the handicap zone!

Q: What do you get when you combine all 23 Vancouver Canucks with 23 lesbians?

A: Forty-Six people that don’t do dick!

Q: What is the difference between a Canucks fan and a pot hole?

A: I would swerve to avoid the pot hole!

Q: What song do Vancouver Canuck fans sing before the end of the third period?

A: Nobody knows. There are never any of them left.

Q: What’s the difference between the Vancouver Canucks and a mosquito?

A: A mosquito stops sucking.

Q: What is the difference between a Canucks fan and a baby?

A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

Q: How many Vancouver Canucks does it take to change a tire?

A: One, unless it's a blowout, in which case they all show up

Q: What do the Vancouver Canucks and Billy Graham have in common?

A: They both can make 15,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q: What is the difference between a bucket of *hit and a Canucks fan?

A: The bucket.

Q: How do you castrate a Vancouver Canucks fan?

A: Kick his sister in the mouth

Q: What should you do if you find three Vancouver Canucks hockey fans buried up to their neck in cement?

A: Get more cement.

Q: What does a Vancouver Canuck fan do when his team has won the Stanley Cup?

A: He turns off the PlayStation 3.

Q: What do a Vancouver Canuck fan and a bottle of beer have in common?

A: They’re both empty from the neck up.

Q: Why do Vancouver Canuck fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards?

A: So they can park in handicap spaces.

Q: Did you hear that Vancouver's hockey team doesn't have a website?

A: They can't string three "Ws" together.

Q: Why did BP hire the Vancouver Canucks to clean up the Gulf oil spill?

A: Because they'll go out there and throw in the towel!

Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead Vancouver Canucks fan in the road?

A: There are skid marks in front of the dog

Q: Why are the Vancouver Canucks like Canada Post?

A: They both wear uniforms and don't deliver!

Guys:

Vancouver does not have a monopoly in hooliganism. Edmonton had douchebags in 2006, Calgary in 2004 (don't get in a huff; I recognize that the Calgary fans didn't do the same extent of damage; but then again, Calgary is not the same size of city as Vancouver).

I think every NHL city in Canada would have had a negative reaction. Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto the most negative, because they have the highest populations.

This is not a Vancouver sucks thing. Its a "there's a small minority of thugs in every city willing to cause s&*t" kinda thing.

Smitty

This is a Vancouver thing, theyve done it before and will do it again. Everyone new that regardless of a win or loss this was going to happen. Im also not buying the fact that this was a small group of people causing the shite, there was a hella lot of people causing it. Anyone that was down there and didnt leave for one reason is guilty, there were how many thousand people chanting "BURN IT" "RIOT" or whatever, everyone down there was guilty unless they were trying to get home and by the looks of what happened there werent many in a hurry to leave. You cant even compare this to Calgary all that happened here was a bunch of chics showing there tits, Edmonton was a bunch of thugs beating people up either of these were even close to being called or classified as a riot. Van is a joke, your not going to win with the most over rated goalie/player in the history of hockey and to ladies leading your team lol! No offence to ladies just, well you know, its hockey!

Well I disagree whatiniceguy.

First, my point has nothing to do with who is officially being blamed. Its irrelevant to me what the police chief says. That's not my point at all. I do blame some fans, anarchists or not.

My point is that I think similar stuff would happen in Edmonton and Calgary if our cities were comparable in size to Vancouver with the attendant diversity in population. Lets see what happens next time Toronto or Montreal loses a game 7...(could be waiting awhile!)

Vancouver is a world class city that was clearly demonstrated during the Olympics, and, more specifically to this issue, to the thousands of people that showed up the next day to clean up and feel the shame of those idiots.

Smitty

Well I disagree whatiniceguy.

First, my point has nothing to do with who is officially being blamed. Its irrelevant to me what the police chief says. That's not my point at all. I do blame some fans, anarchists or not.

My point is that I think similar stuff would happen in Edmonton and Calgary if our cities were comparable in size to Vancouver with the attendant diversity in population. Lets see what happens next time Toronto or Montreal loses a game 7...(could be waiting awhile!)

Vancouver is a world class city that was clearly demonstrated during the Olympics, and, more specifically to this issue, to the thousands of people that showed up the next day to clean up and feel the shame of those idiots.

Smitty

I dont think we will ever have to worry about the leafs again lol but Montreal could definitely burn again! The sad thing about Vancouver is that win or lose this was going to happen, its a city issue.

• 10 months later...