Fly Fusion Forums

Where Is The Best Place To Sell A Boat?

All,

I've recently been given the responsibility of selling a more or less new high end fishing boat (not commercial). I have never sold anything like this and have 0 idea where to start. Does anyone have any ideas where I should list or where I would even start to figure out value? Any advice would be appreciated.

al

All,

I've recently been given the responsibility of selling a more or less new high end fishing boat (not commercial). I have never sold anything like this and have 0 idea where to start. Does anyone have any ideas where I should list or where I would even start to figure out value? Any advice would be appreciated.

al

For free: Kijiji and Craigslist. For not free - the RV and Boat Trader. That's where I'd list mine if I were selling.

I would start with a boat dealer that deals with this sort of vessel to get an idea of original MRSRP is for the options it has; and ask several dealers for an estimate on the resale.....that should give you an idea of a starting point.

I always use the RV and Boat trader to get an idea of the price that boats in a particular class go for. That being said Flytyer has a good point as well. This is a poor time of year if you are trying to get the most money for it. What are you selling? Someone here may be interested?

I always use the RV and Boat trader to get an idea of the price that boats in a particular class go for. That being said Flytyer has a good point as well. This is a poor time of year if you are trying to get the most money for it. What are you selling? Someone here may be interested?

Agreed, now is not the best time. I am actually going to sell it in the spring. I will post the details when I have all the specs but it's a Harbercraft Kingfisher 2925 with a 150 outboard and a 9.9 kicker. Less than 30 hours on the boat. It's brand new.

Would that be a Kingfisher 2825?(I've just never heard of a "29") If so, it's one of my "dream boats". Very much a coastal vessel, you should be directing your ads to boating publications that target both East and West coast of North America. Maybe even the Great Lakes area of Canada and the U.S. and Gulf of Mexico.

It will be very much a high-end sales endeavor, that baby is worth a fair chunk of change and people who are in the market won't be looking on craigslist, I don't think. With the immediate economic future looking pretty ugly, I'd start flogging it right away, if you can.

j

Would that be a Kingfisher 2825?(I've just never heard of a "29") If so, it's one of my "dream boats". Very much a coastal vessel, you should be directing your ads to boating publications that target both East and West coast of North America. Maybe even the Great Lakes area of Canada and the U.S. and Gulf of Mexico.

It will be very much a high-end sales endeavor, that baby is worth a fair chunk of change and people who are in the market won't be looking on craigslist, I don't think. With the immediate economic future looking pretty ugly, I'd start flogging it right away, if you can.

j

HI Jack,

It is a 2925 which is somewhat longer I believe. If I recall right it was a limited edition. I could be wrong of course as I do not have the specs in front of me. Thanks for the advice on where to market it, I had not though about farther east. I am thinking with the current market I may end up holding on to this thing for a quite a while. It's a stunning boat but way more than I personally need.

al