Fly Fusion Forums

Favorite Fishin Show

I would echo the first two of those for sure Drew.....as well as a few of the episodes of Hooked by Mark Krupa......he goes to some really neat locations with some great fly fishing opportunities. The guy is just too high strung.....I can only take him for so long.

Hooked with mark krupa is a good one and SFOTF is also good .Most all fly shows are geared to the beginner .I cant stand listing to that Bill guy on New Fly Fisher .SFOTF is more real fishing than others ,doesn't have so much teaching .Sportfishing BC is also ok ,but some of the earlier shows where better .

I'm sure there are more shows out there, but I'm a fan of:

#1Sport Fishing on the Fly

#2The New Fly fisher

#3Sport fishing BC

Same order for me. I just wish they'd get some better mic's on SFOTF, that or maybe position them better and spend a bit more time on the streams and not so much on still waters. That said, the guys do a great job explaining the rigs, techniques, and I really like the 'On the Bench' portion. Columbia Country also has some good fly fishing episodes.

Shows that I can't seem to find anymore but were good are:

-High Country Fly Fishing- When OLN first started they had a show called something like High Country Fly Fishing, where the host would pack his horses in to alpine lakes.

- WFN was showing Oliver Edwards program, can't remember the title, but I whish they would re-air it.

- Iron Blue with Jim was probably the best of all of them, too bad it didn't run very long.

Guest RedWiggler

There used to be a show on TV called Flyfishing the World, it was my favorite until it just wasnt on anymore.

The New Flyfisher, Hooked With Mark Krupa and Sportfishing On The Fly are all good but its all reruns, are there new episodes in rotation. I will have to admit that I like watching the Musky Hunter and the Tarpon Tour as well and every now and then throw in a little Fishing the Flats or Fins & Skins.

i have to throw in with trailhead... also the humble fisherman - jay always has good stuff going on.

sometimes i catch the lady who travels to all the really cool places, just cant remember the name of the show.

I could see you doing that Ladystrange ,the show is Whata Catch on Global Saturday morning 7 AM . Kathryn has a great web-site also just Google the name of the show . Tight lines girl !

There was a show about an old stream keeper of a chalk river in England I really liked. The New Fly Fisher is good but as with all the fly shows nothing new has come out in a long time. The reruns are getting boring....

• 2 weeks later...