Fly Fusion Forums

Big Browns

How do you know that the fish was taken of the redds?

they are fishing a small trib probably too the great lakes and the fish are in full spawn colors..... popular out east...... hard too say 100% but i wouldnt doubt it nor do i support it...

How would this be any different than steelhead or salmon fishing on the coast. Or for that matter, fishing on the bow while the browns are spawning. Hard to say for sure that no one on this board has caught brown on or near there spawning grounds in the last couple of weeks. Does that make us all guilty of ripping fish off there spawning beds?

hooking fish in deep runs or on migrations is one this.. and they might be doing that but some people like too target these fish in shallow runs/tailout were fish spawn with egg patterns.... that is a huge difference between targeting the fish whil on the migration or in teh ritual..... salmon steelhead or trout in alberta get fished while moving wich i am all for but i dotn walk up and down searching shallow water looking for "paired up" fish.... most of the fish posted on hear seem too be lacking the mega kype with develops right before spawn and super red sides like these browns... wich tells me they are not spawning yet.. its a thin line i know