Fly Fusion Forums

Official Oilers 2008/2048 Season Thread

Just remeber its still early in the season, I belive calgary had a fantasic start last year and look at what happened at the end of the season, we shall see by the mid point in the season

Absolutely. I am interested to see what happens when Bulin starts playing anything but amazing and the team faces some adversity. For the most part though I am really impressed with the consistent play from most of the young guys, and it's been really fun watching this year.

6 in a row baby! :whoot:

Has only been 9 years since they last pulled off that little feat!

Yes, Brad, it is still early, and the wheels may yet fall off, but we haven't really had much to cheer about the last couple seasons, so I am going to cheer like a m*&^%&$*er while I can! I have six years of pent up frustration to let out.

GO OILERS GO!

6 in a row baby! :whoot:

Has only been 9 years since they last pulled off that little feat!

Yes, Brad, it is still early, and the wheels may yet fall off, but we haven't really had much to cheer about the last couple seasons, so I am going to cheer like a m*&^%&$*er while I can! I have six years of pent up frustration to let out.

GO OILERS GO!

That is what sex is for darrin or your left hand which ever comes first

and us long suffering flames fan will have an AB team to cheer for. funny how when i was much younger i hated the oilers but since both teams have been, shall we say not playing up to par, i've had no problem cheering on the oilers except when they play the flames. they are pretty fun to watch with the young talented guys....

• 4 weeks later...

Another "Battle" of Alberta tonight!

Oilers have a very respectable 8-3-2 at home and boast a League Best Power Play at home. The Flames, however, are the fourth best Power Play on the road, so special teams will be a factor for both squads.

I say 4-2 Edmonton, but I'm not holding my breath. Calgary always seems to step up against my boys in blue.

• 4 months later...
Hard to consider it aclottery when the same team wins three years in a row. Something fishy going on there I think.

Man I love this board when it comes to hockey; so many conspiracy theorists. :D

Yes Everette, this multi-billion dollar sport whose leader (Bettman) is obssessed with getting the sport to take hold in US markets where there is virtually little amateur/kids participation, yeah, he put the fix in. He wants one of the smallest market, most northerly, Canadian teams to win it three years in a row.

Or maybe Katz is just good at bribing...lol.

Hi-larious! Keep 'em coming!

Smitty

PS On a more a analytical note, there is a serious serious serious amount of pressure on this organization now. Fans are reasonably expecting to have these picks (whether they're kept or not) parlayed at least into a Stanley Cup Finals appearance in, say, 4 years or less. Some fans probably going to have stupid expectations about next year, but there's no doubt we should be contending for a playoff spot next year.

• 5 months later...