Fly Fusion Forums

Official Oilers 2008/2048 Season Thread

Yeeeaah son!! Down 4-1 and come back to win it 6-4! Penner and Hemsky with 5 points a piece!

Who the hell are these guys and what have they done with my mediocre Oilers?!

NO KIDDING! :)

Still concerned about the lack of team defence. Seem to be allowing a lot of goals. Course, if we can average 4 to 5 goals in scoring, the higher GA will matter less.

But I am not completely sold on Bulin. But I am definitely warming up.

Smitty

That game was SICK. Awesome to watch (aside from the 20 minutes going from halfway through the first to halfway through the second), especially that Hemsky, Penner, Gagner line! Those guys were the only ones who showed up tonight. Even early on they were creating chances when the Blue Jackets were controlling the game.

Nash was invisible against the top line tonight, and that is a great thing to see!

Looking forward to the BOA on Saturday boy!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, somewhere between losing 11 of the last 14 , or winning 2 of the last 3 (can really spin this...), between getting smoked by Chicago and beating up on the half-assed Coyotes, and leading the league in man games lost to injury and illness, there is a real team.

So I'm not convinced we're really a 12th place team, but unless there is some momentum built with a healthy team, I can't see the Oilers doing better than 7th to 9th, especially given the western conference...

Not to mention that the team at some point will have to embrace a defensive scheme that will help curtail shots allowed and one of the worst goals allowed.

Deslauriers looked pretty good though!

Smitty

I only saw the highlights as it was a PPV and I couldn't find it streaming online, but I liked what I saw of Deslauriers.

I knew that he was a solid back up, now is the time to really show what he can do. That being said, I hope that Khabby gets better sooner rather than later.

As far as the rest goes. I'm with you on that 100% Smitty. Tonight they face a better goaltender in Quick than they did vs. Phoenix, so it will be a better test tonight for everyone, not just Deslauriers.

I only saw the highlights as it was a PPV and I couldn't find it streaming online, but I liked what I saw of Deslauriers.

I knew that he was a solid back up, now is the time to really show what he can do. That being said, I hope that Khabby gets better sooner rather than later.

As far as the rest goes. I'm with you on that 100% Smitty. Tonight they face a better goaltender in Quick than they did vs. Phoenix, so it will be a better test tonight for everyone, not just Deslauriers.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.....epic fail.

Well, a beat-up Oiler team beat a beat-up Red Wings team. Good for the good guys!

You know, I think with players like Stone and Jacques, we should be the type of team that plays as gritty as possible. I its think the only way we can salvage a season with lots of challenges.

Smitty