Fly Fusion Forums

On Line Fly Buying

anyone ever buy flies on line? I have seen a couple of sights where you can buy flies an the price looks preety good as opposed to buying retail.

those who have (I dont tie flies though I may have to at the rate I lose them) what srot of experience have you had?

Is the quality good, are the suppliers reliable?

any recommmneded sites to buy flies from?

If you buy larger volumes (say a few on line forum members Hook up to share an order) would anyone be interested?

thanks

Bernie

I know a few people (including myself) have purchased flies from an online company called Icky Fly Works. http://www.ickyflyworks.ca/catalog/index.php The quality seems good and very fast service. Give them a try I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Best of luck

Russ C

thanks

funny i just sent the post and guesswhat I saw - the banner ad for "Icky"

coincedence?

I would definately recommend giving online purchasing a try. Retail pricing for any type of decent fly is crazy. Ebay is a good place to start....You should try to build a decent order with one seller to spread the shipping over as many units as you can.

I am trying to tie more often my self..greater satisfaction! good luck

I buy a rediculous amount of flies off Glen..... He made the mistake of letting me start a running tab last spring I finally had to sell a kidney to pay him off.

Try this site out I buy from here all the time, you have to order 5 dozen fly's at a time each fly only come in a dozen package.

very good quality

http://www.flydealflies.com

Fegus...