Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Sounds like Aerosmith was around the Flames dressing room again last night.

"Same old song and dance, my friends".

Those young Oil look exciting.

Gonna be a long season me thinks for the Flames. I wonder how long it's gonna take for calls for The Sutters heads?

Games like last night aren't going to be tolerated for too long by the fans.

I know I will be watching the younger Oil when I have a chance. Did I say that?

As a lifelong Calgarian, boy, if Dad were alive, he'd about kick my A$$ around the house for saying that!

FHD

I saw a game in Edm. years ago, same result; knockout blow and the guys nose blew up. I'm pretty sure it was Dave...something. But he kept backing up and backing up until the Flame made his move and BOOM, broken nose and blood everywhere. Kinda deja vu for me. But man did he get destroyed.

FHD

Gonna be a long season me thinks for the Flames. I wonder how long it's gonna take for calls for The Sutters heads?

I was calling for their heads last year :)

As noted, nothing has changed. The sutters do get a good solid effort out of their teams, but combine effort with a bunch of old or untalented players... sorry flames. 10-12th place

I saw a game in Edm. years ago, same result; knockout blow and the guys nose blew up. I'm pretty sure it was Dave...something. But he kept backing up and backing up until the Flame made his move and BOOM, broken nose and blood everywhere. Kinda deja vu for me. But man did he get destroyed.

FHD

I believe it was Dave Semenko versus Tim Hunter; at one time, there actually was a framed picture of Hunter's bloody face and jersey hanging up at the Boston Pizza on Whyte Avenue.

Smitty

I dont think the coach is as much of a problem as the GM. Yes players need to be held accountable for what they do on the ice, but the GM hasnt made a good move since before he was the GM. Players want one thing and the GM wants another I think it throws off the whole entire team chemistry. Darryl needs to go, this is his last hurrah, if they dont make the playoff or go out in the first rnd he is gone and he should be, Sutter is not good for this hockey team anymore. He lost his effectivness the second he became GM and left the bench!

I respectfully have to disagree. When these guys are motivated and determined they are VERY good. When they play lazy they are not.

Motivation and hard work are things that come from the coach, not the GM

I am going to sit on the fence this season and hope. Analysing the flames to death only frustrates me now. I hope they can play some exciting hockey and get some wins... like the last 3 games.

Bring on Colorado! I hear Kipper is getting a rest tonight... I forget the backups name right now but he's good... at least he played very well in the pre-season and vs. Colombus in that 6-2 win.

Karlsson is his last name and he looked confident/great in his first game/win. I agree, when this team is motivated they play great and seem to be on a bit of a role for the time being. Even though they lost to the Wings they still looked good for a portion of the game. As far as trying to figure out whats wrong withthe Flames Im done with that as well, I just want to watch some good hockey and lately its been good and fun to watch. We have a good club, they just need to go out and win.

Karlsson had a really rough night tonight. Might have been a bad night to play him... we NEED to beat the Avs.. and he let in at least 4 that Kipper probably would have stopped. Where was the D either. Brutal game by the flames. The 5 goals they scored... I almost wished they had been shut out. They were that bad... they need an a$$ kicking in the dressing room tonight, not a pat on the back for getting 5. Being outshot 36-19 or close to it, not good!!!!

Where's the challenge flag? A bad period with bad reffing = ugly. Even the CFL has a better system than the NHL. 2 blown calls, one calling off the goal and then not calling the trip, that's a big swing. Might of had a shootout. But the lack of effort or desire in the third, well something smells. That's fine on the road but packing up early at home is not. I say there are too many Sutter's around.

Where's the challenge flag? A bad period with bad reffing = ugly. Even the CFL has a better system than the NHL. 2 blown calls, one calling off the goal and then not calling the trip, that's a big swing. Might of had a shootout. But the lack of effort or desire in the third, well something smells. That's fine on the road but packing up early at home is not. I say there are too many Sutter's around.

I agree it was a brutal call, but it was already 5-2 at that point. That would have only made it 5-3. The flames PP was brutal all night, and they were completely outclassed by a far better team who moves the puck creatively.

Yah 5-3 with a nice pp goal and right back on the pp in a 2 goal game so who knows, Caps defence wasn't exactly stellar. I thought the coaching should have been to write that game off after 2 and try and have some fun in the 3rd. Show some hustle, finish some checks and get a little buzz going. Coming out like a bunch of pilons in front of the home crowd doesn't cut it. So it seems that since last December the wheels have come off and the direction is lost. Maybe from too much pressure and unrealistic expectations. They are not a cup contender but with the right leadership should easily make the playoffs.

will that show up..........stay tuned.

And puck movement, that's the first area for attention. They miss out on so many chances with poor passing, in the skates, on the backhand and many other bad habits, without pressure. So part of the problem is not enough attention to the basics.

As bad as Calgary played last night, I think the reffing put them behind the eight ball. The to many men call was whatever but the tripping penalty they gave Glencross was pure BS, it put them down 5 on 3 which in the NHL is a shooting gallery until the team scored. If they dont give Crosser the penalty calgary could potentially kill it. Those two calls in a row turned the game around for the Caps and it was the refs that did it. Reffing is ruining hockey, you get 10 obstruction calls a game but when a guy is laying on the ice unconcious theres no call and it was a clean hit????? You dont become KO'd on a clean hit, these calls need to start being reviewed like sketchy goals are. Hooking and holding calls are ruining hockey to a point were full strenght on the ice is becoming a thing of the past. Its not whos the best anymore its who had more powere plays. Reffing has ruined hockey for me personally, I cant hardly watch anymore but was unfortunatly invited to the game last night. Low and behold the refs stole the show once again. You can say we lost but without that 5 on 3 called the game may have been very differant, we were in full control until that point. Refs should lose there jobs for affecting outcomes like that. Im not complaining because Im a Flames fan, im complaining because I have been a HOCKEY fan my whole life and am getting tired of refs playing such a huge role in the outcomes. Its a F%$^ing joke!!!!!!!