Fly Fusion Forums

Whats In Your Cd Player?

I have never heard 4/5 of everything you guys are laying out here and somehow I don't think I'm missing much. Head bangers and power chord hacks, I'm sure. :masterbaiter: Seriously, I like almost all music (Its a good thing hip hop is not music).

I'm not that old, but I really like the guys who got it all going:

Louie Armstrong

Ray Charles

BB King

Cab Calloway

(if anyone knows of any other early soul stuff I'm missing out on (use the above as a guide), let me know (Guitar is not a requirement))

And of course, the usual commerical crap that for some reason I can never get enough of (because it reminds me of my wilder days)

Pink Floyd

Led Zep

Alice Cooper

Neil Young

Janis Joplin

etc.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao bernie ur awsome!!! the rap on the radio aint hip-hop its a joke.. sad really. most of teh jokers out there teaching the youth that violence is cool, drugs are weres its at and too be mistreat girls are on th radio and tv but hip hop artists arnt.... u need too expand ur mind dude or start typing like a 12 year old or sumn <--poke--<

Since when has Neil Young been 'commercial'? <--poke--<

"Ain't singing for pepsi, ain't singing for coke. Ain't singing for nobody, make me look like a joke.

Ain't singing for Miller, ain't singing for BUD. Won't sing for nobody, make me look like a dud.....this notes for you"

Max. I've tried expanding (thats how I discovered Sach) but it just ain't going there. However, I'm sure if I listened to it long enough, you'll catch me tapping my foot. :monkey:

There is hip-hop out there that channels the spirit of the old soul/RnB you enjoy, like The Roots (they have a sick rhythm section that can play the tightest jazz/funk/RnB grooves), A Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, De La Soul...I used to have the 'rap is not music' mindset until I heard guys like Hubert Sumlin and BB King give hip-hop props. The problem is there is a lot of garbage to wade through before you find the good stuff :)

lmao bernie ur awsome!!! the rap on the radio aint hip-hop its a joke.. sad really. most of teh jokers out there teaching the youth that violence is cool, drugs are weres its at and too be mistreat girls are on th radio and tv but hip hop artists arnt.... u need too expand ur mind dude or start typing like a 12 year old or sumn <--poke--<

if i expand my mind anymore my sunglasses wont fit

ok i will take the bait - ease me into your world of music and recommend 1 or 2 from your list for me to expand my mind

if it sits well I will send you a couple from my list that you can try :ridemcowboy:

snakeman nailed it.. another few too try would be ...

lyrics born(trippy mixes and beats)

looptroop(tells life how it is)

rantoboko(tell me this dude cant sing)

concious youths(bin really diggin tem latley!!!)

u can check em online at myspace.com for free too peep a few songs and see whatsup! and if u dig it SUPPORT YOUR ARTISTS AND BUY THEIR CD DONT STEAL IT OFF WHATEVER LIKE A LOSER!