• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Loyaleddie:

WHO IS THIS?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Followed by a highly insensitve pic, which, unless LoyalEddie corrects my impression, was aimed at Tako.

i.e. loyaleddie using a picture of someone with Down's syndrome to make fun of something/someone. I wasn't qute sure the nature of posting that picture but I'm assuming it was making fun of something... and thats what I thought was disrespectful. Anyways, not trying to stir the pot, just maybe suggest to be a bit more thoughtful when it comes to choosing to posts..

You two need a chill pill….You are making assumptions…and you know what assumptions do…You see a someone with down syndrome… I see some with down syndrome in a superman suit…That make him a hero…a martyr in the eyes of diversity..to overcome all obstacles…

So to you sirs, I say blow it out your keesters and don’t bother me with such juvenile behaviors!

Good to see that this thread has gone waaaay off topic so I might as well add to it.

I know San Juan invited us to PM him but I'd rather post this in the open where everyone can read it. I feel absolutely no need to make this private...or anything I post for that matter.

Anyways, moving on. I know Kris (Tako) personally. I consider him to be one of my friends and I do enjoy his company on the banks of a river. He knows a hell of a lot about fish and also knows a hell of a lot about rivers and lakes in Alberta...more than some of you realize. He is one guy that truly cares about the resource. Not to say that any one of us doesn't care about it just as much. I tend to agree with Smitty here...I'm seeing a lot of double standard in this thread. I don't agree with everything Kris says...mostly I don't agree with how he says it. Having said that, I have been known to make an inflammatory remark or two so I suppose I'm just as bad.

I've been on this board for over a year now and I don't post that often...mostly I'd just rather read and sometimes chuckle. Over the year I have noticed a bit of a clique mentality on the board. When someone posts what seems to be an attack on a "senior" member others jump to their defense. Some do it politely, others not so politely. Rarely does anyone point out the wrong. I would just like to note at this stage that I am not by any means singling out any specific member with this post, so please, don't take anything personally. Granted, Kris often does it in the wrong way but so do many others. I'll bet that I'm often the first to PM Kris and tell him that I agreed with he was saying but I didn't agree with how he said it. Sure, he's a bit of a dick sometimes but in general he's a really good guy with some good information to share. He doesn't often share it but guess what, I've been flyfishing for 18 years and I don't all that often share my knowledge either. Does that make me a dick? Maybe, but I don't feel bad about it.

This reminds me of why Brent quit posting. Differing opinions and he got slammed for it...always, no matter how he said it.

I really wish Glenbow had shared the information in his second post earlier. Perhaps there wouldn't have been the reaction that there was. He said something to the effect of "that should make the dolts out there feel like dolts". When I read that last night I immediately thought that the only reason he didn't post the SRD information earlier was to make people feel stupid. That may not have been his intention but that was my first reaction and nothing I read to the contrary will make me feel differently. Well, Glen, just so you know, I don't feel like a dolt and I refuse to take back what I said. I will always have the opinion that fishing for bulls during their spawn is an unethical practice and I will never feel stupid for sharing my opinion on this board or in face-to-face conversation.

I'd also like to say that I don't know Glenbow from a hole in the ground and this is not a personal attack, I'm just calling it like I see it.

Cheers, tight lines and I hope you all have a good weekend.

James

Look both Brent and Tako brought it on themselves. How come I can go around being respectful of others? Is it because i'm 34? When I was 18 and younger I was 10 times more respectful than those 2. Hell and i'm only using 10% of my brain (if that). They are both smart guys and it disappoints me that they are gone. Its fine if he knows a ton about fishing and conservation. So do countless others here on the board.

When it all boils down to EVERYTHING, we just like to fish with fly or without. The board is here as a resource. I belong to a huge board called beyond.ca and its gone so far down hill because of the lack of respect. I really really hope that doesn't happen here.

We as moderators are people too and we make mistakes. Again I invite anyone here to send me a PM regarding TAKO and his banning.

I say 3/4 of us mods voted for the ban. The other mod was absent.

Look both Brent and Tako brought it on themselves. How come I can go around being respectful of others? Is it because i'm 34? When I was 18 and younger I was 10 times more respectful than those 2. Hell and i'm only using 10% of my brain (if that). They are both smart guys and it disappoints me that they are gone. Its fine if he knows a ton about fishing and conservation. So do countless others here on the board.

When it all boils down to EVERYTHING, we just like to fish with fly or without. The board is here as a resource. I belong to a huge board called beyond.ca and its gone so far down hill because of the lack of respect. I really really hope that doesn't happen here.

We as moderators are people too and we make mistakes. Again I invite anyone here to send me a PM regarding TAKO and his banning.

I say 3/4 of us mods voted for the ban. The other mod was absent.

If it means anything...i support your decision....

Glad to see you wiped the sperm off for the pics :$*%&:

seriously?!? this gets you banned? because he said what alot of people think and he didn't pussy foot around the issue, he just said it flat out? this gets you banned? seriously?!?

seriously?!? this gets you banned? because he said what alot of people think and he didn't pussy foot around the issue, he just said it flat out? this gets you banned? seriously?!?

With no disrespect....Me thinks you should read some of his other posts before casting judgment. :mellow:

tako rips people all teh tim and i think we as moderators jsut had enough of his b.s. and pm's from other members.. its sucks he hasto go but oh wel.. jmason brent didnt leave he jsut has another alias now.. not to hard to figre out really... kris aka bcboy aka tako will be back to.. i know kris knows his stuff but he jsut goes about it the wrong way to educate.. because he jsut shows hate and dont really take te time to educate....

Funny how this thread got here from where it started. It's why I said what I said and choose not to post anymore. This thread was a mistake and I regret posting it. Until this board gets back on track, I'm outta here.

For my friends, you know where to reach me. Can't wait to fish with you guys.

Fishing is fun.

Funny how this thread got here from where it started. It's why I said what I said and choose not to post anymore. This thread was a mistake and I regret posting it. Until this board gets back on track, I'm outta here.

Fishing is fun.

sad!

sorry to read about your decision

Fishing is fun.

oh poor glenbow is ofended and not going to post here anymore. it is you that should be banned for misleading everyone and starting all this *hit.