Fly Fusion Forums

Fall Bulls

Glenbow

I would never ban anyone for taking the "other side" of the argument. The instant you become disrepectful to another board member, I frown heavily on you and so do the other moderators here. I love a good argument and I love reading them on here. I've learned many things from you guys over the past few years.

The 2 biggest rules here IMHO are "don't disrepect your fellow board member" and "don't bad mouth any part of our local fishing industry (stores, guides, etc.) Those are best done via the PM system.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now,

Here's where I level the playing field. I hoped in my heart that this thread would not have gone the way it did, but it has - so here's what I have to say.

- We were actually volunteering with SRD in the capture and egg/milt collection with the Biologists:

- I hope that makes the few dolts out there feel like dolts.

- The people that know me on this board, know how much I respect the fish and the fishery. I don't give a flying *hit about what somebody thinks that doesn't even know the circumstances behind a post, as long as what was done in the post is legal.

- Spending time with the Biologists and volunteering/learning about our fish/fishery is something that I notice that desperately few of us do.

- No, I will not reveal the creek name (which I now refer to as Sperm Creek), nor the Biologists name or any information regarding what we took part in.

- Again, those on this board that know me also know that I have not posted here for a very long time. I got tired of the kind of thing that my post brought on as evidenced above, and therefore I decline to post again. This board used to be great fun, hugely informative and a great place to meet fishing buddies. It no doubt still is to a large extent, but I don't have time to sift through so much B.S. to find what used to be here all over the place.

- To my friends on this board, I miss fishing with you guys and look forward to seeing you and fishing with you. I hope we can get together sooner than later and share a few beers, maybe catch a few fish & have the laughs that make life worth it.

- I have many fun pictures of the few times that I got out this year, and if my friends would like to see some, please PM me - I would rather not post them as I don't trust that the thread would not degrade into some kind of *hit fight it was never meant to be.

- Missin The Bow is friend of mine. He is an amazing fisherman and has a lot more knowledge and experience than me, let alone a majority of the board members. Do not let him get too disheartened with this board, as he is a steward of our fishery and his wealth of knowledge will leave a gaping void.

See ya' round.

Now,

Here's where I level the playing field. I hoped in my heart that this thread would not have gone the way it did, but it has - so here's what I have to say.

- We were actually volunteering with SRD in the capture and egg/milt collection with the Biologists:

- The people that know me on this board, know how much I respect the fish and the fishery. I don't give a flying *hit about what somebody thinks that doesn't even know the circumstances behind a post, as long as what was done in the post is legal.

- Spending time with the Biologists and volunteering/learning about our fish/fishery is something that I notice that desperately few of us do.

- No, I will not reveal the creek name (which I now refer to as Sperm Creek), nor the Biologists name or any information regarding what we took part in.

- Again, those on this board that know me also know that I have not posted here for a very long time. I got tired of the kind of thing that my post brought on as evidenced above, and therefore I decline to post again. This board used to be great fun, hugely informative and a great place to meet fishing buddies. It no doubt still is to a large extent, but I don't have time to sift through so much B.S. to find what used to be here all over the place.

- To my friends on this board, I miss fishing with you guys and look forward to seeing you and fishing with you. I hope we can get together sooner than later and share a few beers, maybe catch a few fish & have the laughs that make life worth it.

- I have many fun pictures of the few times that I got out this year, and if my friends would like to see some, please PM me - I would rather not post them as I don't trust that the thread would not degrade into some kind of *hit fight it was never meant to be.

- Missin The Bow is friend of mine. He is an amazing fisherman and has a lot more knowledge and experience than me, let alone a majority of the board members. Do not let him get too disheartened with this board, as he is a steward of our fishery and his wealth of knowledge will leave a gaping void.

See ya' round.

That was very refreshing. Thanks, and beauty pics. I haven't been on this site for very long but already I've noticed exactly what you're talking about (obviously...) It's depressing. I love to get out with friends into beautiful surroundings, possibly catch a few fish, take a few pics, and post and share them with like-minded people. I do not enjoy the slug-fests so many of them seem to turn into, thats for damn sure. And lately it's been making me think twice about even posting anymore also...

That was very refreshing. Thanks, and beauty pics. I haven't been on this site for very long but already I've noticed exactly what you're talking about (obviously...) It's depressing. I love to get out with friends into beautiful surroundings, possibly catch a few fish, take a few pics, and post and share them with like-minded people. I do not enjoy the slug-fests so many of them seem to turn into, thats for damn sure. And lately it's been making me think twice about even posting anymore also...

All you guys have to do is report posts. If I get enough complaints about a thread i shut er down. Simple. I don't want a community of people who are afraid to post. We're here to help make this enjoyable for everyone. If you guys notice a rule being broken then please report it.

yea i am al for fishing for bulls while they are running but i feels hitting em on there redds isnt too cool only because htye have a job too do.. same with ynaking broonies on te hbow off tehre reds.. salmon steelies i know but fish em while there runnin not spawning! good on ya for helping out with te scientists but i feel hitting any fish on redds popular in teh states anywere else or not is wrong

I personally do not support fishing for any spawning fish, sitting on redds...That is how the majority of folks feel, thus the current regs with closures. I was simply pointing out that it was legal and common in other places and that the science has been examined, reflecting no significant changes to population densities as a result of c&r fishing in these areas.

Glenbow

Not to pile on..nice bulls by the way but sometimes for me I end up setting myself

up by how I communicate. You initially posted .." had some fun today with Dekkard......."

and the pics. Then the S**t hit the fan. Tako is definitely out of line how he

addressed what he saw based on assumptions. Rule number 1 is don't make assumptions.

But being we are all human that is what we do. What I find interesting is that later on

based on some negative responses you decide to shed some more light on what was really going on.

This spins the whole thing on a dime. I don't know you personally but you seem to be a stand

guy and were not trying to set anybody up. What would have been the tone of the thread if you

had of disclosed the volunteering with SRD in the first post ? Everybody would still be jealous as hell and that

is great. If that wasn't possible thats OK but then there is going to be potential violation of rule number 1.

Enough said...Nice that you volunteerd and nice fish. And yes if you are going to diss someone show some respect.

Take care.

Glenbow

Not to pile on..nice bulls by the way but sometimes for me I end up setting myself

up by how I communicate. You initially posted .." had some fun today with Dekkard......."

and the pics. Then the S**t hit the fan. Tako is definitely out of line how he

addressed what he saw based on assumptions. Rule number 1 is don't make assumptions.

But being we are all human that is what we do. What I find interesting is that later on

based on some negative responses you decide to shed some more light on what was really going on.

This spins the whole thing on a dime. I don't know you personally but you seem to be a stand

guy and were not trying to set anybody up. What would have been the tone of the thread if you

had of disclosed the volunteering with SRD in the first post ? Everybody would still be jealous as hell and that

is great. If that wasn't possible thats OK but then there is going to be potential violation of rule number 1.

Enough said...Nice that you volunteerd and nice fish. And yes if you are going to diss someone show some respect.

Take care.

I did have some fun. I also didn't mention that I had a delicious sandwich that day too, so I hope you don't think I ate a bull when I got hungry. I don't need to explain anything to anyone, and neither do you. I agree with what you say to a point, but if I have to issue an explanation for every post, I'd rather not post. It is the knobs that cause the problems, not the rest of the members.

Glen, I apologize for taking your Thread sideways. It is pretty much completely my fault because I was the one that went off, when I should have just looked the other way like most of us do when people like BCBoy get involved.

The reason I got mad was because I know Glen and I would defend anyone I consider to be a friend as well. I probably did it the wrong way, but the multiple PMs I've received from people saying that they are happy someone finally said what needed to be said, makes me feel that some good might possibly come from it. Unfortunately I did it at the expense of your post that should have been positive because of the reality of what you were doing.

Like I said, anyone that knows me would agree that it takes a lot to get me mad, so I guess we know my breaking point now.

We'll have a laugh about it over a cold one on the bank soon I'm sure.

With that, I'm done with this thread and promise to try not to be bothered like this in the future.

PKK,

Take the time to read this.

Now,

See ya' round.

^^^^^^^^^^^Huh??^^^^^^^

Anywho,

Thanks for sharing the pics gents, beautiful fish. If I could encourage you to continue sharing, please do. You can PM me pics anytime you like, love 'em!

Cheers,

Ayr.

i.e. loyaleddie using a picture of someone with Down's syndrome to make fun of something/someone. I wasn't qute sure the nature of posting that picture but I'm assuming it was making fun of something... and thats what I thought was disrespectful. Anyways, not trying to stir the pot, just maybe suggest to be a bit more thoughtful when it comes to choosing to posts..

cool. awesome fish...thanks for sharing and the background story...i kinda suspected some of that by looking at the pictures, thanks for confirming.

i certainly appreciate reading the 'seasoned' members posts, opinions and comments.

please, keep 'em coming!

San Juan. I had already read that post but decided to read it again and again anyways.

Why wouldn't Glenbow have stated the fact that the fish that were captured were with SRD for egg/milt collection right from the start? if he had done so people could have learned from it. that is what fish look like when they are that far into their spawn. and by looking at some of the responses there are a lot of people that could have learnt from this. ( even some of your senior members, "Just look at the photo's, they don't look very tired and weak too me"). instead Glenbow was misleading and people assumed he caught those fish recreationally. Tako responded correctly (as did I), that he thought that those fish looked like they were on their redds. which they were. legal or not, to fish for them when they are in that condition, i believe is morally incorrect as do many others on the board. I bet everyone agrees that those are nice fish but bet everyone would also agree that it would be much nicer to catch a fish like that when it is in its travels. PK

Myself along with others welcome a debate, but whenever Tako or whoever else become disrespectful it pisses most of us off.

Sure Glen could have done it another way but he chose not to. Even if one of us did fish for bulls off the redds, it isn't illegal. Most of us think its wrong. So the way everyone responded was great. It sparked a debate even with glen being a bit late on his delivery. Everyone is entitled to be wrong a few times in their lives (hell according to women i'm wrong 100% of the time.)

SanJuan et al:

I pm’d you SanJuan, but since I think you have some explaining to do, I am posting this publicly.

From LoneFisher:

Great pics Glen.

Oh and as usually Tako your totally clueless

From Bigbowtrout:

I like Cake!!!!!!!

PS Glen SWEET FISH MANG!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSS Tako loves sperm.

From Loyaleddie:

WHO IS THIS?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Followed by a highly insensitve pic, which, unless LoyalEddie corrects my impression, was aimed at Tako.

From Troutlover:

i can't pass this up (sorry tako)............(T+A+K+O)X2= DOUCHE!!!sq

From SanJuanWorm:

I would never ban anyone for taking the "other side" of the argument. The instant you become disrepectful to another board member, I frown heavily on you and so do the other moderators here.

Tako responded like an idiot that he usually is.

General Forum Rules

1. Personal Attacks will NOT be tolerated

2. No racist, sexist, hateful, threatening, obscene, or otherwise rude remarks

Wow.

Time to draw a sword on Tako’s behalf.

So let me get this straight:

(1) Tako’s inflammatory remarks are deserving of criticism – justifiably so - , because he has on several occasions at the very least bent if not broken the rules of this forum (see rules #1 and #2).

(2) But therefore we are justified in breaking the same rules because we let it get to us, we respond emotionally, and therefore its ok to dump on Tako, because, what the hell, “he has it coming?” and "he deserves what he gets"?

Do the rules exist for a purpose? And will they be enforced?

Lots of times Tako would have been better off not post how he posts. And you could certainly argue on a few occasions he could step up and apologize. But of course, we don’t have to, right?

May I respectfully suggest a few of us could do well to grab a dictionary and look up the following terms: (1) “irony” (2) “double standard” and (3) “hypocrisy”.

C’mon guys, we can do better than this. Either the forum rules exist for a purpose, or not.

What do you think? Am I out in left field?

Smitty

He was more disruptive than good. If he chooses to get another account and change his attitude than fine.

I can't catch every post with negativity, nor do I EVER want to ban anyone. But if you guys saw my inbox of complaints about this person than you would change your minds as well.

There we're many PM's going on in the back ground.

Also if theres a problem please feel free to hit the REPORT button to send to us moderators.

Again I invite anyone to PM me an argument as to why we should unban him.

Smitty does bring up some good points and we can all take a lesson from this thread.

I'm not sure which brings more arguments, bull trout threads or Calgary vs. Edmonton NHL threads.