Fall Bulls

Glenbow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you wiped the sperm off for the pics :$*%&:

F@*K you BC Boy. If you don't have something productive to say, shut the hell up. You've been banned from other Boards and choose to continue to do the same crap every where you go, until they kick you off as well.

People here have been fishing for longer than you've been alive and you think you can make your smart assed posts like the "Know it all" little piece of "you know what" you are.

You'll get banned as you always do, change your Tag and show up to bring down boards like this until you grow up and realise what a prick you were when you were too young to know any better....which BTW is right now.

For those that know me, not much sets me off, but this punk finally did it.

Also, I am not slamming BC folks. BC BOY was one of his former aliases.

Move on....

Nice fish Glen, looks like you had a blast.

F@*K you BC Boy. If you don't have something productive to say, shut the hell up. You've been banned from other Boards and choose to continue to do the same crap every where you go, until they kick you off as well.

People here have been fishing for longer than you've been alive and you think you can make your smart assed posts like the "Know it all" little piece of "you know what" you are.

You'll get banned as you always do, change your Tag and show up to bring down boards like this until you grow up and realise what a prick you were when you were too young to know any better....which BTW is right now.

For those that know me, not much sets me off, but this punk finally did it.

Move on....

Nice fish Glen, looks like you had a blast.

Missin:

I am only going to point out that if Tako has the power to "bring down boards like this" its because we choose to give him the power to. I'd caution you granting him this power by allowing yourself to get sucked in by posting such an inflammatory response. I am not passing judgment on whether its justified, because that's hardly the point. If you feel better, than so be it, but we're giving far too much weight to him, in my opinion.

The point is Tako has as much or as little power as he's given. Or stated differently, don't you think people know and take Tako's judgmentalism for what it is? I have Pm'd Tako a few times on this, about leadership, judgmentalism, and maturity. He's either smart enough to grow and learn, or not, he either cares enough, or not; it won't affect me. What he doesn't realize, those people who truly have something valuable to contribute are often the architect's of their own "downfall", because they choose a tactless, inflammatory, attention-seeking, and ultimately immature responses that reveal far more about their own character than they probably realize, and anything substantive and valuable that they might have contributed is utterly lost in their way of grabbing attention. I think, in my opinion, you just gave that kind of attention to him.

Tako, in weird, albeit backhanded way, I am trying to defend your right to be who exactly who you want to be - or better yet - how you obviously want to be perceived. You're a decent guy enough in our personal correspondence, you can do better than this. But surely you're smart enough to know what kind of response you might get after the board went 15 rounds over Lorney's pictures. Here's my challenge; why don't you post your thoughtful, lucid, and passionate letters that you've written to BC/AB fisheries departments pleading the case to have small creeks closed during bull trout spawning season?? Is it because that might get you some respect, in albeit less attention grabbing way?? Have you - have WE ALL not learned that trying to impose our own set of moral and ethical standards across a relatively anonymous and faceless internet forum is an exercise in utter foolish, futile folliness?

But by all means, Tako (and all of us too), feel free to keep diggin with that shovel. Your just diggin yourself a hole, setting yourself on fire and inviting others to watch. I am an honest and selfish enough person to admit there is some entertainment value in that. ;)

Smitty

(Mike Smith)

P.S. Oh, and by the way, nice fish, really nice fish.

Nice stuff...day to remember for sure.

(ps. the part I find the most sad/disapointing of all this is that Tako hasn't clued in yet on who he's representing every time he posts immature comments...and you can never keep your job out of it...that's who you represent 24/7, especially in your line of work and on a fishing board...pr is always important...that's why some of us don't start flamming people left, right and center)

Good points Smitty and usually I'd post something closer to what you posted to get a point across.

Admittedly, I was on my last nerve and he stepped on it. My apologies for sidetracking the post, but I've decided to leave it because I don't believe in taking things back.

I wish you posted first Smitty because it would have been easier to just say..."What he said". As far as stepping down to his level....I'm okay with it today because sometimes I need to go back to being a snotnose, know it all twenty year old being that I'm at the peak of a mid-life crisis.

Glen, I'll make it up to you on the river bank for stepping into your thread.

well ban me too, because I have to agree with Tako. that creek is definately their spawning grounds, and those were more than likely taken off their redds. it is mid sept. yes those are great fish but i bet they are much better looking and harder fighting earlier on. PK

well ban me too, because I have to agree with Tako. that creek is definately their spawning grounds, and those were more than likely taken off their redds. it is mid sept. yes those are great fish but i bet they are much better looking and harder fighting earlier on. PK

The way you're getting your point across is markedly different. I think MTB's point is that Tako consistently posts argumentative positions. It's pretty clear that people on this board share some pretty divergent opinions on any number of issues. Constantly flogging these issues achieves pretty much nothing.

al

pkk:

I feel I must emphasize this very - very(!) - strongly.

1. Overall, this is a great board.

2. Divergent opinions are always welcome, the moderators are extremely skilled at welcoming hot topics while maintaining some order and civility.

3. Therefore, your opinion is welcome too, and you have grossly mis-interpreted whats going on here- so much so, that is why I am posting.

Take the time to re-read the last few posts. Pay particular attention to how you expressed your opinion as opposed to Tako's. Unless I have been hit over the head with an anvil, no one here would ever ban you for taking the other side of the debate - certainly not the moderators.

It's all about how you say it, not what you say .

Your saying the equation works likes this: "Posting a contrary opinion = being banned". It's like saying 2+2 = 5

Everyone on this board loves freedom of speech and will protect your right to express an opinion. How the opinion is expressed, the thought behind it, how tactfully its expressed, whether its tinged with personal attacks or insults makes all the difference in demonstrating how responsible your using that freedom.

And believe it or not, I agree with the basic premise of what you're saying. We ought be careful and consider how our angling practices may impact spawning success and the viability of future fish populations. What's unfair to Glenbow - and to a lot of others who post pics - is that people make a lot of presumptions/assumptions based on a 2 dimensional photo and then make judgments of angling circumstances when they weren't even there. There's a lot I don't know about how that fish was caught, I only know that it was caught legally, and my impression - undoubtedly I could be wrong - is that the fish was released safely.

Therefore, nice fish! :)

Good Fishing,

Smitty

I've got to say that I agree with Kris (Tako) too. I have definitely made a similar post in an inflammatory manner before (last week). I'll try to keep this one less inflammatory and sound like I spent four years in university for a reason. Fact of the matter is that they are easier to catch when they're on their redds, they are stressed and they are tired from swimming upstream for 100+KM. You're tiring out an already tired fish, to the point of exhaustion. I don't care how skillfully played or how well handled they are. Imagine running a full marathon and then being told to run it again...or possibly two or three times. I do not agree with fishing for bulls during their spawn.

Also, before someone says that they "better not see me on the Bow" during the various spawning periods...I rarely fish the Bow (maybe once a year) and I don't think a brown or a rainbow counts as much as a bull, a cutt or a whitefish. Call me a hypocrit, I don't care. They're not native, they're not a threatened species and they're not the provincial fish. As far as I'm concerned, any native species should come before an introduced species.

One more note...can we please not compare bulls to steelhead and salmon. That's like apples to oranges.

Just my opinion, hopefully no one takes offense.

James

Well, actually the Bulls on the redds are aggressive because they are fighting for territory, females and protecting the eggs from predation. Also, they are at the peak of fitness and health (Just look at the photo's, they don't look very tired and weak too me). Scientific studies have proven that there is little change in population rates where fishing is allowed during the spawn. In fact, sight fishing during the spring/fall spawn, is very popular on many trout rivers in the American mid-west. So, sentimental, ethical, sportsmanship arguements aside, if you don't like the current angling regulations, than go lobby for change at a more appropriate venue and let these guys post their fishing trips without imposition or disruption..or start your own thread on the topic and speak your piece...What we take offence to, is people sabotaging these posts and imposing their personal views upon others, who are abiding by the current regulations.

:derby racer:

It's about respect...