Fly Fusion Forums

October Fishing

adams

Hi All,

I'll be in town (Calgary) the week of Oct 6 or Oct 20 for business, and I'll have one day "off". I've never fished the mountain streams past Sept 15. Is it still feasible to head out there for the day at that time of year, or would the day be better spent in town on the Bow? I think the mountain streams are open till Oct 15 (I'll have to double check my regs).

Thanks

Neil

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

A. For Streams listed and fish species listed under “ES1 Lake and Stream Listings” starting on this page.

You must follow the regulations stated with each listing.

B. For other ES1 Streams, and tributaries, not included under (A) and for fish species not mentioned at a listed stream.

June 16 to Aug. 31 – Trout limit 2; Cutthroat and Rainbow over 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; (where present, Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 [no size limit]; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10); Bait Ban.

Sept. 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout and Mountain Whitefish limit 0; (where present, Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 [no size limit]; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10); Bait Ban.

Nov. 1 to June 15 – CLOSED

For me this time of the year is the best. Mid day the weather is just right and the fish are starting to move to there winter holes.