Fly Fusion Forums

Here's An Interesting Dude

Guest RedWiggler

Can you get those guys near Saskatoon anywhere? Ive got family there and might be heading up there this summer sometime.

Nice Tiger. Fishing from shore where you come in or in a belly boat? I have fished that lake a few times in the spring and have always done pretty good. The nice thing is that you rarely see anyone else on the lake. I have only caught one splake out of there though and have a hard time finding them. Any splake on your trip? Another good thing is hopping across the highway for rainbows and brookies. Beautiful little lakes up there with little fishing pressure. Would be nice to see a special regs lake up there. There are more and more people moving up into that area with Candle Lake property going crazy. As pressure increases they will have to lower limits or set aside a few lakes for catch and release fishing.

here is a list of some of the lakes that hold these guys in them

Tiger trout can be found in these Saskatchewan waters:

1. Piprell Lake

2. Buffalo Pond

3. Little Jackfish Lake

4. Biggar Pond

5. Lady Lake

6. Exner Lake

7. Noeth Lake

8. Zeden Lake

9. Burtlein Lake

10. Jade Lake

Nice tiger, Neil; they are beautiful fish!

Dave Jensen has a great story(&photos) on his Blog about a weekend of fishing for tigers; I believe he was at Twin Lakes, Sask.

Don't know about the bus this weekend, BBT, but Tigers are on my list...someday... ;)

Ok everyone I have rented a bus and can hold 50. We leave Saturday Morning for Sask ;)

I leave next Wednesday for northern Saskatchewan going to spend a almost a week fishing up there. Will be joining up with the Northern Waters Flyfishers out of Prince Albert and the Kilpatrick Flyfishers out of Saskatoon for their Fathers Day Fishout at Narrow Hills for the Fathers Day weekend. I've never caught a tiger trout so thats on my wanted list as well as maybe a splake. Here's a link to the 2 clubs websites if anyone is interested.

Northern Waters Flyfishers

Kilpatrick Flyfishers