Fly Fusion Forums

How Do You Manage Waste?

Shuck

Drop them in a tying bag under the vice. Collect it all in a shoe box then when I have enough run them through a coffee grinder to make some great dubbing. thus no waste. Produces some great dubbing. that I use alone or blen with other dubbing.

I have a waste troll, a bag that attaches to the vise. I just empty it once a month. It really holds alot. If I tied the right things, I could save it for dubbing, but it's too varied and I'd have some really funky looking dubs.

Try using a 12 or 15 inch piece of 2 inch wide masking tape fastened to the desk sticky side up. After cutting anything off, simply stick it to the tape. When you're done tying, all you have to do is scoop the tape into a ball and get rid of it. Its fast,clean and cheap and it works for me.

Murray

I've seen people with fabic bowls. Don't know where they get them. Personally I just let her fall all over the place until the wife gets mad enough that I clean it up....

• 3 weeks later...
Drop them in a tying bag under the vice. Collect it all in a shoe box then when I have enough run them through a coffee grinder to make some great dubbing. thus no waste. Produces some great dubbing. that I use alone or blen with other dubbing.

great idea on the coffee grinder idea... search google

I use a clothespin bag I bought at the dollar store. It's made out of cloth and has a teflon coated plastic ring sewn in to hold the bag open. I simply place it under the vise with the bag positioned to collect all the clippings.